singapore Zoo


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Singapore Zoo
January 4th 2011
Published: January 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Singapore Zoo
The Singapore Zoo complex is split into two sections. They are the Day Zoo, and the Night Safari. I recommend that you see them both, as they each have their own unique features.

We went first from Singapore Harbour, in the late afternoon, to the Night Zoo. The Night Zoo opens around dusk, and runs until 11PM. Tickets can be purchased to include dinner as well, and if you combine it with a pass to the day zoo, you can get discounts. I recommend going to the night zoo on non holiday times, as we talked to someone who went there during the recent school holidays, and had to wait ages for the attractions. We went there at 6pm, and had minor waits. We saw a creatures of the night display, followed by a ride on the night safari tram. Although we didn’t do them, there are also some really good night walks around the safari park. It was a very enjoyable evening, with some good shows.

The next morning we woke early, and jumped back on the MRT to Ang Moo station and onto the 138 bus to the Zoo. This time it was the day Zoo, and we were there for Jungle Breakfast with the wildlife. Here, while we ate dinner, they displayed snakes, marmosets, and orang-utans for us to get up close and personal with. It was pretty special (the experience was probably better than the breakfast), and we got some good photos. The only animals you could touch were the snakes, but we were easily within touching range of the orang-utans. After breakfast we went for a wander, and ended up at the Elephant enclosure, to see the Elephants at work display. This too is a must see show, and was well worth watching. We sat in the front, and were warned about the possibility of a little splashing from the Elephants as they played in the moat in front of us. Unfortunately, it seems that after missing me with a blast of water from his trunk, the elephant recharged his supply, and sent me a direct hit. Lucky the weather was hot.

The Zoo was exceptional, even without the kids, and we left after about 4 hours only seeing about 50 percent of the zoo.

After lunch and shopping, we went back to the hotel, picked up our luggage, and took the train (in peak hour) to the Airport. 3 days train unlimited travel on the MRT and busses for $25.00 – What a bargain.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Orang utansOrang utans
Orang utans

You just want to hold one


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb