Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Singapore Zoo
January 6th 2010
Published: January 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Singapore was the most clean and safe place I had ever experienced. The main reasoning behind this was the extreme punishments for breaking the law. The size of the Isle of White with over 5 million inhabitants, there was a large amount of things to do in such a small area.

Accommodation
Guy had family living here, his aunt Viv, uncle Paul and cousins Thomas (aka 00Legend), Ben (aka Ben Nevis) and Sophie (aka Princess Sophie). They were such a lovely family and made us immediately feel at home, it was nice to get out of the backpacker life for a few days with settees, tv and home cooked food... This was the life! They showed us around Singapore.

British club
We arrived early on Saturday and the Carter family took us to their weekend club. This was luxurious, with a couple swimming pools, squash and tennis courts. We started with a swim and then Viv and Paul treated us to the best fish and chips ever! We had a quick tour around the the city centre on the way back in the car.

Singapore Zoo/Chimpanzee breakfast and Night safari

The next day was Guy's aunty Viv's birthday and we began the day at the zoo for breafast with orangatans. Filled to the brim we plodded around the zoo and saw so many animals from otters to giraffes but unfortunately we didn't see princess Sophie's favourite, the cow. An afternoon shop at Toys R Us allowed us to get some last minute christmas pressies for the kids. The day was topped off with a river cruise through the city with Kate, Rich and Wozza. It was amazing to see the city lit up at night and sailing inbetween all the good luck balloon like balls floating in the river for the coming new year.

How my modelling career began

A few days prior to this one, I had been offered $200 for a few hours work. I would take that in almost any situation but I was shocked when the man described it as a model shoot. Must be visually impaired I thought, but I am definately keen. That day had arrived and we got a taxi to the outskirts of Singapore, where we met with 5 university students (that were not getting paid for the shoot). A you-tube made famous university lecturer was the centre of the shoot and we were based around him in the shoot. I really enjoyed this and it was lovely socialising with local students and learning more about Singaporean culture.

Night safari

After travelling back on Singapore's efficient MRT (Main Railway Trains), I met with Guy and the family and we headed out to the night safari at the Singapore zoo. This was great fun, firstly we were sat in the front row for an animal show and then we took a tram around the zoo to experience animal habitats by evening and night. This felt as if we travelled the globe in a couple hours as there was such a diverse range of animals from many continents and the animals environments were replicated to that of there home countries. My favourite area was the Africa zone, it was great to see the big 5 (Lion, leopard, giraffe, buffalo and rhino), Guy's favourite was the anteaters I think.

My second christmas of 2009

This day was treated as a christmas as it was our last full day in Singapore. I had had one christmas at home with my family before I left for my travels, where Alyssa had put a green towel over the tv and labelled it 'an xmas tree', so this was therefore my second christmas. We began the day with a nature walk, where we saw massive lizards, mudfrogs and tried the local cuisine of a fruit named Durian. We had it with ice cream and it was disgusting, Guy had to run to the toilet as he was close to throwing up. When we got back Guy spent some time with his cousins in their swimming pool and I hit the on-site gym. That evening Viv cooked a delicious roast chicken christmas dinner. We wore christmas hats, told bad jokes and pulled crackers. Viv played a joke on us (she called it 'a game'), which led to myself and Guy being tied up with string. Our stay in Singapore ended with us leaving christmas presents under the tree for the children.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb