Singapore News


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Sentosa Island » Siloso Beach
April 4th 2007
Published: April 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi
We've fallen in love with Singapore. Staying here with Fabien ( french friend) and Cher and Richie( Dubai friends) + their 2 babes live about four houses down the road...so seeing lots of them too. Flight here was great, and haven't really been jet lagged...well w just keep going!!!! First day did hop on off bus, and river boat cruise ----so much to see, and ended the day in Cher's pool swimming with Cameron ( baby). Y'day we went off to the Botanic Gdns and you know what I am like with flowers photos.... well!!!! You can imagine when I got into the orchid garden ---I was bowled over and the camera overheated. Sensational is only one word to describe what its like in there.
Got an umbrella just in time before the heavens opened and boy does in thunder here!!!! Had lunch in a gorgeous place in the middle of the Botanic Gdns-Halia. Fabien knows his stuff and as he has been here 7 years - he can recommend all the good places to go.
We hopped on and off the bus again and plodded round Little India....freinds in Dubai will know what I mean when I say like a posh Karama.... but with some lovely old fashioned shop fronts and we took off our flip flops and paid our respects to some Indian gods...Shiva etc ...in some temples, reminded me of our 1984 trip to India. Got some good photos but havent sorted out downloading yet...but today bought a new camera - a Pentax so I will have to read the instruction books and get downloading then.
And that wasnt the end of our day... we did the Night Safari.... imagine a zoo at nigth, lions raoring and we are traveling round on a little tram thingy like a golf cart. It really was amazing, elephants and giraffes, hippos and many kinds of deer, a tapir walking along the road beside us and it a fab 40 hectare site, so you felt really close to the animals. Suz drew the line at walking through the bat enclosure when we did the 30 min walk thru the forest on the leapoad trail. She said she would rather take her chance with the leopard than the bats!!! I think it is the only place in the world where you can do anything like this....and it was ssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooo good!!!
Then today- went off to Sentosa Isalnd...again everything is so well organised for getting around...cable cars across to the island, trams and buses to take you around and a monorail. So we sat on the beach under the coconut palms opposite Cafe del Mar ( the only other one is in Ibiza) apparently a 'cool 'place - Suz tells me, I hadn't a clue.... and we thought of all you poor people who had to go to work and it might be cold and rainy.....well we thought of you!!!
Another beach at the other end of the island, and a nice cafe /drinks place KM8 - enticed us for a Tiger beer and lunch and a dip in their little pool.
So many nice places to eat, Michael would have loved it here, a coffee and cake stop round every corner, and plenty of loos too!!! We were wishing M. was with us in the taxi last night when we had a chatty driver...M. would have kept him chatting - we just wished he would shut up. Fabien took us to the East Coast on our 2nd night and to the Seafood Centre...lotsa fish/seafood restaurants - very popular and busy. We let him order ( too confusing for Suz and I) - and along came stir fried greens, chili crab and crayfish, and some fried rolls ( a cross between a donut and a bread roll).... and the surprise of the evening was a local fish on a dish...head ,tail and fins on - looking as if it would jump onto Suzanne's lap. The fish was delicious and as Suzanne tackled it with her chopsticks she did jump when she poked it in the eye!!!! I thought she was very brave.
So everyone - I am not going to be able to write this every day ...this is my second attempt doing this entry as last time the connection went down. Lots of things still to do and a big night out for Cher and Suz coming up. but it's great to have Fabien giving them the lowdown on best nightlife places. Saturday will come round quickly but we've managed to get booked in for lunch at Raffles - posh!!!!! Flight to Sydney leaves at 2030 and we get into Sydney about 6 am on Sunday. We are managing to keep up with time changes.
So bye for now. Next blog when I can get on to Cher's computer.
Love to all.
Lynne xxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb