Clarke's Quay- Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Raffles Marina
October 27th 2008
Published: July 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Rumoured to be one of the hippest places in Singapore, Clarke’s Quay is the place to visit for bars, restaurants and ex-pat mingling. Established in the 1900’s this area was once the heart of trading and commerce. A century later, this bustling area was one of the few places you could go clubbing, enjoy up scale eating and just let loose.



Clarke’s quay is an amalgamation of colourful restaurants and shops with outdoor patios and ferry lights. It reminds me very much of my visit to Copenhagen. The Singapore River runs through area and you can go across to the other side via a bridge. Many ex-pats come to this area to party, relax and let loose. Now with Marina Sands opened up the area is getting a run for it’s money.



When we had gone we saw auditions for Japanese Idol just outside the Japanese mall. Like many places in Asia (Thailand, China, Malaysia, etc.) there are many Japanese malls that cater to Japanese tourists and second, third, fourth generations (you get the point). The mall itself is very specific to Japanese tastes and sizes. We ended up eating at a Japanese family restaurant in the mall, very authentic.



Ready to party and loose? This is the place to be….



http://www.clarkequay.com.sg/malls/website/index.aspx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb