Day 1 Continued


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Raffles Marina
November 9th 2008
Published: November 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Marina Mandarin AtriumMarina Mandarin AtriumMarina Mandarin Atrium

This view is taken from the 4th floor of the Marina Mandarin looking up 21 floors - detailing the vertical lift, and the floors above
As we are trying to keep daily events together and you will be reading this in snapshots this is a continuation of day 1.

We had around 3 hours sleep, then woke at around 3.00pm (STP) Singapore time.

Stumbled around for ½ an hour, then we showered, and shaved, well I did. (Andy)

It seemed quite bizarre that we went out and got a pool side bed, had a club sandwich and a cup of tea, then a swim. The temperature is around 27 degrees C, quite sunny and extremely humid.

We ventured out in the evening, and only just trotted around for a while, had a coffee in Starbucks and did some people watching. As we were walking we saw some people who were sitting and had their feet dangling in to a tank of water with hundreds of little fish, attached to their legs (weird). I (Andy) thought that this was something from a Japanese type endurance test, the type of thing where you put a handful of leeches down ya pants to see how long you can stand it. But no, we looked at the sign and it was a fish spa, you could go in and dangle your feet, whilst having a coffee or something and the little fish would “eat” all the dead skin cells off your legs. Other things you could have were massages, hot candle wax (Hopi) dripped in to your ears to clean them out (Oh yes).

This is only our best guess at this and will find out more exciting details. We are going to go in today and ask if you could get chips with the fish therapy.

Back to the hotel for a quick g&t in the bar and then to bed at around 11.00 pm (SPT) Singapore time.

End of day

Andy (& Caroline)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb