We're going it alone...


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Orchard Road
December 2nd 2012
Published: December 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Answer to Question 4
Damon Hill drove the car pictured in 1994
The model was FW16

Question 5
When we moved into our appartment, the landlord left a dozen or so manuals relating to appliances and furniture. What appliance/furniture does this chart relate to?
And for one bonus point: what do the numbers mean?

I gave you a feast of a blog only a few days ago so won't make this a long one, but this transition is important to mention as we're in our own place now.

It was so odd to be leaving the known entity, the safety, the welcoming team of Regency House and go it alone in this big wild world!

Andrew was away in Parkistan when I came to collect the keys. I absolutely love our place. Before I left the UK, I was telling people I'd love to find a condo not too high so we're level with the trees, not overlooked, with a large balcony and with condo facilities, near an MRT station. This is exactly what we've found + it's on two floors and has 5 bedrooms and a decent size helper's room (by local standards apparently!!).
Elizabeth HeightsElizabeth HeightsElizabeth Heights

Ours is corner unit - second pink balcony from the bottom.
We're under 10 minutes walk to both Orchard & Newton MRT on the red North/South line.


Elizabeth Heights is a 34 year old building - which is old by Singapore standards. All units are duplex (on 2 floors) so on this huge sight, there are only 90 units + a tennis court + a squash court + a large lobby area with carp pond + a big pool and a playground.
This building is a developer's dream. One did try to purchase the site last year but only 70%!o(MISSING)f the landlors agreed to sell, when 80%!m(MISSING)inimum is required for the sale to go through. So we're really hoping no other developer comes knocking on the landlord's door again anytime soon!


When our container was loaded in Cecil Rd, it was massive. It had to be parked over 2 parking spaces. Here, it was absolutely dwarfed by our building, let alone the surrounding ones!

There is a large private, covered entrance where we can leave the pushchair, the scooter and shoes. And we're on the corner, so we have a large balcony that goes to the side, plus a smaller one near the kitchen. Tonight, I spied over the neighbour's balcony and it's half the size of our one. So now, the next step is to find plants and outside furniture, so I can offer breakfast on the balcony to visiting guests. I want to keep our 5 star standard!!

Talking of guests, Colin arrives tomorrow evening to inaugurate the guest room! I think Singapore is a soft introduction for his first visit to Asia.

Andrew also comes home from Australia tomorrow. The girls and I have slept 11 nights here so far. Andrew, just four. He won't travel now til first week in 2013

Next time...getting to grips with the neighbourhood and Col's holidays!














Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Elizabeth HeightsElizabeth Heights
Elizabeth Heights

Our entrance
Elizabeth HeightsElizabeth Heights
Elizabeth Heights

View from main balcony
Elizabeth HeightsElizabeth Heights
Elizabeth Heights

Here we go again...
Elizabeth HeightsElizabeth Heights
Elizabeth Heights

Relaxing at home!


Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1119s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb