Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
September 10th 2006
Published: September 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Singapore!

Heres the lowdown on what we have been up to so far in this rather nice (and very posh) city.
As you know we got here and i wasn't sick even once on the way (huray for travel sickness tablets). We went out for a meal after we arrived and found a good little food court in Bugis village and eat pad Thai (yum yum). Then we went back to the hotel and slept until miday on friday. I did feel pretty wobbly then but as soon as I got out it was fine.

On our first day we wondered down to Orchard Road whic is a very big street lined with shopping centers. Yes i mean malls not department stores. Pretty crazy place, must be so much money kicking about this place.

Later we went for a meal in Little India, which is always my favourtie part on any town over here. had a great curry although afterwards found out we eat it all worng. You see we got a dish with a pot of rice and ten little dishes around the edge. We were taking spoon fulls and putting them on a plate
MerlionMerlionMerlion

You know the one that helped King Aurther.
to eat with our hands (the bit we did get right). however, what we should have done is take them all off the big dish then eat off that. Oh well, everyone was very nice and the taste was wonderful.

Jet lag has not left us yet and we are both having trouble sleeping at night and getting up in the morning but i think we are adjusting more now.

Yesterday we walked around the colonial district and waterfront where all the big skyscrapers are. It's a pretty imprassive area. I liked this area a lot because it is very ralaxed and open, which is a contrast to most other areas of Singapore.

Last night we splashed out and spent a whole days budget (ten pounds) on the night safari at Singapores Zooalogical Gardens. It's expensive but worth is I think. it was my second time and i still loved it. Basically you walk around trails through the forest (some places are really dark so it's a bit spooky) and you can see nocturnal animals. The animals all have big open spaces to live in but they do tend to be were you can see them due to the spot lights and food. However, some animals do hide and you have to be patient to spot them. There are so many cute and beautiful animals from tigers to friut bats. The Zoo aims at conservation and lots of the animals are rescued, just incase you were wondering what a vegetarian was doig in a zoo.

Today we went to china town which was fun and i showed Sam his first Hinud and Chinese temples. He will be sick of them after six months i'm sure. This evening we went for a meal in Little India again and it was crazy! Thousands of people everywhere. apparently it's always like that on sunday night. Definatly worth going to this area if every you are in Singapore on a sunday.

We are off to Melacca in Malaysia tomorrow so i will blog again shortly. Take care and do send communications please..... I can still be reached by e-mail.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



10th September 2006

Singapore
Hi Jen and Sam, glad you have survived so far. You could give a rating to the hotel if you think others might be interested.
11th September 2006

hey jen, sounds ace, hope you're having fun! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb