Singapore Sling Part Two


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
December 11th 2009
Published: December 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Raffles Hotel ManThe Raffles Hotel ManThe Raffles Hotel Man

Rafles Hotel Singapore
Our mission for the day was to get transport up to Kuala Lumpur (KL). Not knowing how to get tickets we were told to catch the train. It was on the way to Chinatown so we thought we would catch the bus there and get something to eat. It’s always about the food. We ended up missing our stop so we had to walk back up to Chinatown. We hadn’t eaten anything because we got up at late and by the time we got to Chinatown it was midday. We had some really nice noodles and then we walked the train station. We managed to find the information booth and took a ticket. Fifteen minutes later late we asked how to get to KL. The man in the booth wasn’t very helpful and didn’t fill in the gaps. He was in no mood to help us out and we had to persist with our never ending questions before we had a good picture about the trains to KL. We asked about buses and he said he didn’t know.

So we spent the next few hours trying to find a bus to KL. We made our way to Orchard Rd in the centre of town to find an Information Centre and a bus. We found the information and a phone and tried to book a ticket over the phone. No can do - we caught another bus to the Queen St terminal and finally managed to book our tickets to KL. We didn’t have enough change for the bus to the hotel so we trudged home to shower and get organised for dinner.

Dan had organised dinner with an old school friend Anusha and her husband. Anusha met us at our hotel and told us we needed to experience a Singapore Sling at the Raffles Hotel. So the three of us jumped in a taxi and headed to the Raffles Hotel. Once we arrived Anusha insisted we walk in the front entrance so we could have the full Raffles Hotel experience. So we made our entrance in a cotton t-shirt and thongs - true Aussie style. We headed up to the Long Bar where nibbled on peanuts and cooled down with a Singapore Sling. Anusha insisted on paying and it wasn’t until later that we found out how much one drink cost (about $30- $40) and I felt enormously guilty. But it was a good drink! After a while Anusha’s husband met us and we headed to the Esplanade for traditional Singaporean food at the aptly named Gluttons. It was wonderful to meet Anusha and her husband. The conversation easily flowed and it was great to have some fantastic company. We all got along really well. We continued our evening by having a short walk along the water and looking at all the city lights. Anusha invited us back to their apartment for rose tea and talked for a bit longer before we needed to head back to the hotel for some sleep before our bus trip to KL.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Worn OutWorn Out
Worn Out

Its tough travelling


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0763s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb