Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Little India
November 13th 2008
Published: November 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Singapore to Ilkley

via Dubai & Manchester!!

SkylineSkylineSkyline

Singapore by Night
From the Cameron Highlands, we took the overnight bus south to the modern metropolis of Singapore.
We arrived into Singapore at around 5am and as a result had to sit outside our guesthouse until reception opened at 7am.
As we felt tired and drained after our final long bus journey of the trip we spent our first day in Singapore at the Zoo, watching the brilliant free-roaming Orang-Utans, the beautiful White Tigers and the hilarious Chimpanzees. We have been so lucky to see so much amazing wildlife on our trip and this was our final chance to see some of them again even if it wasn’t in the wild.
Our second day in Singapore we spent exploring Little India, a place that was decorated in even brighter colours than usual as we had arrived in the midst of the Diwali celebrations.
We wondered around the streets of Little India before working our way down to the colonial district, home of the famous Raffles Hotel, and finally down to the beautiful, modern quayside.
Here we wondered along the waterfront admiring the huge modern skyscrapers mixed in with the beautiful old colonial buildings before watching the sun set over the cityscape and retreating to a modern cinema to watch a film!
It was now our final day in Singapore and therefore, sadly, the final day of our fantastic trip.
We started the day by visiting the famous Singapore Botanical Gardens, a beautiful Oasis in the hectic city where we were lucky enough to see Kingfishers and other wildlife close up.
After the Botanical Gardens we visited Chinatown, a place full of street food stalls, beautiful buildings, colourful streets and fantastic smells! We visited a huge temple which had about seven floors you could move up and down to on a lift and even an orchid garden on the roof, typically Singapore!
Our final evening was spent enjoying a Singapore Sling at the place where the drink was invented, The Long Bar in Raffles Hotel, a fantastic way to finish our trip before we collected our luggage and headed for the airport.
So that was it, the end of our trip of a lifetime. So many highlights and so many experiences that we will never forget. I can definitely say we have both been bitten by the travel bug and we are already planning our next trip of a lifetime!



Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Indian TempleIndian Temple
Indian Temple

Little India
Diwali DecorationsDiwali Decorations
Diwali Decorations

Little India
Little IndiaLittle India
Little India

Typical Street Scene
Diwali MarketDiwali Market
Diwali Market

Little India
Raffles HotelRaffles Hotel
Raffles Hotel

The Main Entrance
ChimesChimes
Chimes

The Poshest Shopping Centre ever!!
Clarke QuayClarke Quay
Clarke Quay

Singapore
Clarke QuayClarke Quay
Clarke Quay

Singapore
River TaxiRiver Taxi
River Taxi

Clarke Quay
Fullerton HotelFullerton Hotel
Fullerton Hotel

Singapore Harbour
QuaysideQuayside
Quayside

Singapore
DuskDusk
Dusk

Over Singapore
Little IndiaLittle India
Little India

At Night


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb