End of the road: Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Jurong West
March 5th 2008
Published: March 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Final destination, and back into the hustling-bustling modern world before we fly home to the land-o-plenty. Our first two nights in town we crashed on the floor of our CS host's flat on the outskirts of the city, which was more 'neighborhood-like' with so many commuters coming home at the end of a long day.
Chris and I visited the Asian Civilizations Museum, which was extremely comprehensive, with many interactive TVs and games. I really liked touring the galleries, but after a few hours I began to have panic attacks and felt the incredible desire to escape from the building, however we had gotten separated and thus I was stuck staring out at the pouring rain and pondering whether I should go get some ice cream from the vendor across the plaza...

Singapore is obviously very modern, and clean (although not quite as spotless as I had been told); there are western fast food chains and department stores on every corner, and they are pricey! It was a nice cushion to stop here before flying back to the states, and as our final going-home treat we used a gift night at the luxurious Singapore Hilton Hotel!

The hotel was big and fancy, which made us feel pretty awkward as we walked in wearing our rugged clothes and carrying backpacks-- but once we checked in and showered I must admit we cleaned up 'real nice'. 😉 they even brought a plate of welcome fruit to our door!

Chris and I took reckless advantage of the hotel's many amenities: rooftop pool, sauna, steam room, fitness center, cable TV... It was bliss.

However, all good things must end; thus, we departed (on separate airlines) after a wonderful night's sleep and smiles on our faces. 😉 Viva America!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb