SINGAPORE


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Chinatown
April 26th 2011
Published: April 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So this is my final entry......Our last place to visit was Singapore. We took a sky train and 3 metros and finally got to Chinatown. We were tired as we had partied the night before, so whe we arrived at the hostel we took a nap and then explored Chinatown. It was full of cheap jewellery and stalls and food. We were in heaven. We did a little jewellery shopping and had a coconut. We then found a german sausage stall and bought a hotdog.

The next day we did a little city tour of our own. We visited Little India, saw Hindu temples, gold jewellery and ate a proper curry on a tray which was very filling and delicious. We then walked around the harbour and saw the crazy architecture, and crossed the bridge and went to the sky wheel. After here we saw the fountain of wellbeing, where we had to put our right hand in the water and walk around the fountain 3 times and make a wish. Apparently it is the largest water fountain in the world. After we walked around the war memorials, and learnt that the Japanese invaded Singapore during the second world war. We then found the merloin water fountain which unfortunately had an exhibition on it, so we saw the small replica which was erected to the side of it. Then we walked back to the hostel and prepared to get ready for our flight home. Singapore was unexpectedly cheap and we covered alot in the one day that we were there.

Me and Stacey were very sad to go home, it has been a wonderful 5 and a half months, which I wouldnt change a thing! I felt completely safe, experienced a range of cultures, music, colours, food, temperatures, people and I wish i could explain everything but you cant you have to just experience it. It went so fast and it was an unforgettable experience. Now I am home, I am sorting through my 5000 photos which will keep me smiling for at least the next 10 years.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb