Singapore Changi Transit


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
November 30th 2016
Published: November 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Uneventful flight SQ to Changi. Have to say the service on SIA seems to have declined since I last flew with them...its ok as in its as good as Business Class on say Korean Air now but way lower than Air New Zealand amazing service. SIA seem to have spent a lot of money making a new A380 interior look the same and one of their 20 year old 747's.

Changi T3 smooth arrival and not too crowded so rapid passage to baggage and beyond!

Stopped at the small convenience store in arrivals and got snacks and stuff (no minibar blow out four us!!) noted that wine was S$35 a bottle for plonk!!

Checked into Crowne Plaza at the airport - also in T3 - this is a great hotel for transit and we have used it several tiles before. Not quite as soulless as your average airport hotel....received an unexpected upgrade in room to a suite. Up on 9th floor bedroom and lounge area large but about as comfy in the lounge as a dentists waiting room! On checkin we were given free welcome drink vouchers and being now semi retired and up for anything free we actually went and had them in the Bar 45. Bar empty except for us and two staff chatting behind bar. There is very little worse than being the only folk in a pub so we left after our freebie and could almost feel the Two staff scream "cheapo sods" as we did so.

Travel Tip of the Day:

When booking hotels in Asia always look at the lowest club floor prices and compare with standard room than add the cost of the freebies Club gets - like wifi, breakfast, late checkouts and by no means least the club itself with its happy hour and evening snacks. I have found that in a lot of cases the Club comes out cheaper......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb