Adelaide to Istanbul


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
September 9th 2011
Published: January 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Finally, the day had arrived. After almost 2 years of planning, Ian and I departed on our Singapore Airlines flight, bound for Istanbul. This was the first day of a 10-week holiday, that would take us through Turkey, Greece and Italy, with a few days in Phuket at the end, for a much-needed rest.

Almost a year before, we had booked an "early bird" special with Singapore Airlines, which allowed us a generous baggage allowance of 30 kg, and it was just as well, as our bags were already tipping the scales at 24 kg. As we were going to be away for such a long time, we would need a range of clothing, from summer to winter clothes, not to mention backpacks for Italy.

We had an 8-hour stop-over in Singapore, so we had booked a room in the Ambassador Transit Hotel in Changi Airport to have a bit of a sleep, before embarking on the 10 hour flight to Istanbul.

At 1.50 am on the Saturday morning, we departed Singapore, due to arrive in Istanbul at 7.45 later that morning. We were looked after very well by the Singapore Airlines staff, as always, with plenty of food and drink along the way.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb