Wireless internet at changi Airport


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
January 5th 2011
Published: January 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Changi Airport Wireless Internet.
A note to those who would like to use the Free Wifi at Changi Airport Singapore.

I found a brochure while I was waiting for the plane at the Changi Airport Budget Terminal. Changi Airport, at Singapore has four terminals. They are A, B, C, and the Budget terminal. Of course, I was at the budget terminal waiting for a flight with Tiger airlines, to Trivanthinum, in India.

The terminal showed that you can have Free wifi at the terminal, and for those of us trying to get these blogs out while still travelling, that is a god send.

There is a hitch though. You need to have an account for your mobile phone with Singtel to activate the wireless, Otherwise you need to get a brochure from the Changi Airport officers at the terminal desk and requesting a username and password. Easy!!

Almost......... The trick is that with The wireless at the budget terminal ( and probably the other terminals at Changi Airport) the usernames and passwords for the wifi are obtained with using your Singtel mobile phone number to log in, and generate a password, or else going to the Singapore Airport reception desk, and asking them for a username and password. The trouble with that is that the signs for the free wifi are in the departure lounge, and the airport reception desk is outside of the departure lounge (before the security, immigration and customs desks. )

I suggest that you go to the desk before you go through the security clearances.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb