last but not least


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
July 28th 2010
Published: July 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday took me to Sentosa Island, which is an amusement park which takes up the WHOLE island. That's right, the island in it's entirety, is an amusement park.

On entering the park it really is a spectacular sight. The amount of attractions and things to do is immense, but if I thought that Monday was hot, well guess what? The heat on Tuesday was so enveloping it made it hard just to walk 5-10 mins down the street. But thank goodness there was plenty of transportation around the island. The only problem with the sheer size of the resort is the fact that everytime you want to do something else you have to get a bus. Now with the more laid back attitude of the place, getting on a bus isn't a problem, it's actually leaving the bus stop. Drivers were generally more laid back and tended to make sure they finished their entire conversation before moving on. It doesn't take long to get from place to place but travelling across the island does take up more time than you would have thought. The staff were friendly and everyone speaks English and any film/performance/audio facility caters for that too.
I saw the 'Images of Singapore' which was Singapores bright history, Fort Siloso tour from WW2, walked along Palowan beach, went on the sky ride and the luge, and went on a segway! The segway (stand up, electric scooter type thing, google it!) was a bit nerve wracking at first but such good fun. The track was a little bumpy which threw me a bit but as soon as I'm a millionaire I'm going to buy one.

The 'Songs Of The Sea' performance on the beach in the evening was incredible. I do not know quite how to justify the magnificence of the performance just through words on here but heres some elements that they used:
fireworks, gigantic water spray, projections, lasers, music, fire displays, lights, and of course a little bit of comedy!

Today I'm going to try and make it to the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum and to the Chinese Heritage museum as long as the heat doesn't melt me first.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb