Safe and Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
February 12th 2008
Published: February 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well everybody, finally found an internet connection here in Singapore's Changi Airport! A quick entry this shall be as we must soon board a plane to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Our trip so far was been pretty cruisey and we are all doing well if not a little tired (A 26 hour day with only 5 hours sleep last night will do that). The flight over was a little over 7 hours but passed rather quickly with the Martin-Castle party members taking the opportunity to watch a few of the recent cinematic blockbusters they missed in the last few months.
Then a quick walk through customs and we were in Singapore! More details will come soon, but after arriving at our hotel we took a cab over to the infamous Raffle's Hotel, crossed the street to a fantastic cafe/restaurant which I have a sneaking suspicion was a Japanese style Cosplay Cafe, the meal? Fantastic!
Then on to Raffle's itself, where Singapore Slinger's were drank and peanut shells flung about with mad abandon! All and all a brilliant but tiring day. Now on to Vietnam itself where things just might get a little more interesting...

To Be Continued (Internet permitting)!

Your correspondent in the field
-Benji

Advertisement



12th February 2008

Hi there
Hi Ben, Sam and Paul, didn't take you long to get into the swing of things throwing peanut shells at Raffles not a bad start! How does Sam enjoy the local brew? Can't wait to read your review of Vietnam. Write again soon Cheers John

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb