Overnight at Changi Airport


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Changi
July 20th 2007
Published: August 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

CarlyCryseeChangiCarlyCryseeChangiCarlyCryseeChangi

Making ourselves comfy in the food court... preparing for a long night ahead...
We’re currently in Singapore Airport (Changi) - we arrived this afternoon at 3:45pm and fly out tomorrow morning at 6:20am, headed for Beijing via Guangzhou. Given the short time between flights, we’ve decided to hang out at the airport for the night… it’s cheaper than paying for accommodation and transfers, and at least we know we’ll definitely get to our flight on time!

Unfortunately, Tiger Airways flies out of the “Budget Terminal,” which is decidedly lacklustre… so we’ve made our way to the main airport as we figured it would have more facilities. That it does… but you’ve got to go into the passengers-only section to access them, which leaves us “budget travellers” hanging out in the food court counting the hours...

We’ve decided that when we’re ready for a sleep we’ll head back to the Budget Terminal as it’s likely to be much more quiet and hopefully we’ll be able to close our eyes against less fluoro and a quieter backdrop of airport noise.

Although I’m enjoying just chilling out, chatting, reading, etc… I’ve decided that overnighting in airports isn’t nearly as fun as I’d hoped it might be. If only we had free access to the
KeiraChangiKeiraChangiKeiraChangi

Keira writing our blog on the laptop at Changi.
wifi here ☹

Having said goodbye to Vietnam after too short a time there, but a nice farewell walk (and shop!) in HCMC this morning, I am looking forward to what lies ahead - Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and the Great Wall in Beijing, and whatever else we can cram in to the two days we are there, and the beginning of our adventures on the Trans-Mongolian Railway!

The first week of our travels is drawing to a close and when I think about how much we have done/seen/experienced in just that small fraction of time I am excited to imagine all that is to come. This is just the beginning…



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

HeroKeiraChangiHeroKeiraChangi
HeroKeiraChangi

Hero and Keira... I think I was trying to get a kiss from Keira here...
SleepyHeadsSleepyHeads
SleepyHeads

Trying to catch some zzzzzs in the budget terminal at Changi. Got to love those fluoro lights!


Tot: 0.341s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 48; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb