Back To KL & Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Bukit Batok
November 13th 2011
Published: January 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Krabi to KL


After all these bus journeys, it will be a long time before I travel by bus anywhere!

Eventually, we got back to KL. This was only a 3 night stay as we needed to head down to Singapore. Again, we stayed in Sunshine Bedz and as ever, Patrick and the staff were super friendly and made us very welcome!

We moved on from KL, you guessed it, by bus, our final one to Singapore! 5 hours it took us. Only a short trip as the bus journeys go!

We drove over the bridge and into Singapore. Singapore is known as the wealthiest of the Asian countries. This was proven when I spotted a Ferrari after 2 minutes!

Our plan in Singapore was to stay with Dom, Charlie's best friend from home. The bus dropped us off, and a short taxi ride took us to his apartment block. It was good to see Dom as it had been 8 months since he left the UK to work for Mercedes over there.

Singapore is just a large city! High rise buildings everywhere!

Dom's apartment is on the 25th floor and the view from the bedroom is amazing. We could see for miles around. High rise after high rise. Looking through the living room window, you can see the sea in the distance. On the water was a cargo ship that was enormous! It was the size if the block of apartments we were in, but laying down.

Singapore has some amazing things, massive shopping malls with all the designer labels, a beautiful harbour area with all the worldwide banks having large office blocks there. We walked around with Dom on one of the days and travelled along parts of the F1 track, it was amazing to see the route they take as they weave their way around the city.

The week flew by. It felt like one or two days!

Charlie and I left Dom's apartment and left his spare key in his post box as he had already flown out for work.

We finally got to Singapore airport after travelling the length of the island by underground to continue our journey to Australia!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb