Back to Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Bugis Village
December 22nd 2008
Published: December 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After two days travelling we are back in the cleanest city ever, having to be extra vigilent about dropping rubbish/j-walking etc....slightly worrying as through customs they asked me to take out our alcohol bottle we had, luckily they just wanted to check it was not opened and sent us on our way.

It was very hard to tear ourselves away from Koh Lanta but after no sleep we spent pretty much the whole of the 14 hour bus journey to KL asleep on the way down. Arrive at 6am we spent an hour in a rather disgusting, and very busy, McDonalds before heading to our hostel to check in. As we were already up we trekked over to the Petronas Towers to get some of the free tickets they hand out daily. Forgetting how incredibly hot and humid it is there we were both a sweaty mess after the 30 minute journey. Managed to secure some tickets, return to our hostel for a quick nap, then head back to go up the towers. View was quite impressive but as it is only half way up we couldn't see that much, after towers we headed into the KLCC shopping complex and found a marks and spencers. This was a very joyful moment and we celebrated by slightly blowing our food budget on mince pies and m & s crisps, which were about 10 times the price of anything else. In the evening we browsed the night market in China town and managed to haggle down a few bargains before falling into bed and sleeping(on the roof dorms-basically sleeping on a bed in the open under a roof=billions of bites).

Sunday we went on a bit of a lonely planet wild goose chase. First heading to the most beautiful temple in the city only to find out we couldnt enter without head coverage and secondly heading to a quirky cafe with fortune tellers, only to end up and hour later at a very loud and expensive empty cafe(thanks lonely p). All was not lost as we discovered a huge shopping mall (15 floors) with an indoor theme park. We had some tasty treats (toast and peanut butter with ice cream) and then went for possibly the weirdest experience of our lives. Everywhere here (and in England I think) there is this new beauty treatment where you stick your feet in a pool of water, full of tiny fish, and they nibble the dead skin off your feet. This was a good idea at the time and the man told us it would tickle for 5 mins of so...15 minutes later we were still in fits of laughter at the billions of fish munching on our toes. Very, very strange.

Today (Monday) we managed to grab some food and then got on our bus all the way to Singapore, only one night here and tomorrow evening we set off for Sydney...

Advertisement



23rd December 2008

wowzers!
Sounds like you're having an amazing time!! I'm sure the fish found your dead skin very nutritious! Hope you both have an amazing Christmas! Lots of love xx
24th December 2008

Merry Christmas!
Wishing you both a very Happy Holiday!!

Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1131s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb