Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Bugis Village
October 15th 2007
Published: October 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got a prepaid taxi at the airport to our hostel-Backpackers cozy corner--nice to have a quiet ride in an A/C car for a change. Our hostel is really nice we have a private room with shared bathroom. The room doesent have any windows but Im happy with that as I desperately need to catch up on some sleep. The lady who runs the place is friendly and organises trips to different places, we've booked to go on the nighht safari.
First off, Singapore is not as exepensive as everyone makes out, Dublin is far more expensive. Clothes are really good value for money I bought 2 funky t shirts for about 10euro. Theres also Chinatown and Lillte India, which also have cheapies and souvenirs.
We're staying near Bugis station--massive shopping centre, with cinema and lots of restaurants. The smrt (metro) is cheap and efficient, it takes about 30mins to get to the airport. I found Singhapore easy to walk around though it was about a 30minute walk from Bugis (pronounced boogey) to Orchard road, the massive shopping area where you can buy everything and anything.
Near Bugis, theres the DHL balloon which takes you 40storeys high and allows you to get great views of the city--well worth 12 euro.
The Night Safari was fantastic and a must must do. The place opens at about 7pm and closes at 11pm. You get to wander about the forested area looking at lions and bears, hyenas and other noctural animals. The animals are not enclosed behind bars or glass, which the experience all the better and more real. They also have 2 different shows-one with tribal dances and another which explains more about the animals, a definite must do when in Singapore.
Changi aiport is fantastic. You can rent a room to catch up on sleep, have a facial, relax in a garden, watch a movie or shop til you drop it has everything--I fly back here after Vietnam to catch a connecting flight to China and I cant wait (:

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb