Bohol - broken but still here


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
February 15th 2016
Published: March 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Bohol 15th -20th February 2016
We arrived in Bohol much later than expected but had met some great people on the ferry! We hadn't booked accommodation as it was all so expensive and as we have previously "overspent" by booking in advance we decided to do it the "proper" travelling way. On docking the boat again we were left 100 meters away from the beach, they had asked us to pay an extra 20pesos per person to carry our luggage off and we all refused as we had paid enough with 1000pesos per person. Arriving at a different beach we asked the locals how far to Alona beach (backpackers area) a group followed us as we appeared to know what we're doing! We managed to stop a trike to agree to take us but he didn't have enough space and with 2 Slovakian men and Thomas from Germany we decided to ask a local who had a truck carrying water if he could oblige. We agreed between the 6 of us 200pesos for a 20 minute journey, we held on for dear life! We jumped out of the truck and went our separate ways, we found a very small room but adequate for 1500pesos a night with air con and took us around 15 minutes of trekking with our backpacks (hostel world and agoda do not have these little places available as they wont pay to be advertised)That night we grabbed some food after a long day and went for a power nap. We we're meeting Adam, Andy and Lucy and were woken (earlier than our alarm was set) to a cockney voice asking where the twins and Amy were! We went out had a couple of pre drinks and headed to their hostel for one. They showed us the local bars and karaoke then we went to the club where a crazy Swedish girl called Pritty kept bringing over men to us to chat to, the drinks were so cheap in the club and we were already tired drunk at this point! I was dancing on the dance floor when at least a 20 stone man jumping up and down so happy with the track "we fell love in a hopeless place" (not the Rhianna version) landed on my right foot, at the time it hurt but I was fuelled with alcohol and high spirits, he apologised repeatedly, little did I know what the damage would be in the future. Bec was hanging out with Thomas from the ferry who was lovely and looking for "the one".36 hours after the incident when I had remembered what happened I had to go to Bohol Hospital because I was unable to walk and the pain was unbearable, my foot had swollen to the size of a small watermelon! 6 hours and the all clear after a very terrible dirty looking hospital we had to stay in Bohol an extra day!The weather wasn't good in Bohol which left us to sort out our lives by booking flights, sorting visa, making the remainder of the plans for the Philippines. We wanted to do a trip to swim with the Dolphins and island hopping but due to my lack of mobility we did pretty much nothing here. Remember no matter how drunk you are don't dance next to the biggest guy in the club!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb