Leg 4 - Philippines - Very fishy


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
November 25th 2009
Published: November 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Top Times



* Snorkelling with hundreds of fish species in warm seas
* Paul and Adele's wedding - great to catch up with old friends and meet new
* Kayaking in Little Lagoon - like being in silent prehistoric times
* Barefoot disco at the wedding
* Kayaking out to watch the sunset



Well, we correctly assessed Manila as a place we wouldn't want to hang around. Although the hotel we stayed in was nice, a privately run secure spot near the airport, the general feeling was dismal yet lightened by the glimmer of shining jeepneys which dominated the horrendous traffic. Taxis with "how's my driving" on the back was a laugh.

El Nido was a different prospect. A small prop plane took us to paradise, and where they film reality TV show "Survivor." We went here to attend friends' Paul and Adele's wedding, and they couldn't have picked a more exotic location.

Most days were spent kayaking, snorkelling or eating. The snorkelling/diving was top drawer. We saw enormous trigger fish, moorish idols and butterfly fish, and just generally many different species such as clown fish (Nemos - from the classic orange and white striped to black with dots). We also saw other wildlife including macaques (monkeys), snakes and hornbills.

The wedding went off without a hitch on a small island with just the wedding party there, watching the sunset.

Before we knew it, we were back on the little plane to Manila for another overnight stop before heading off to Hong Kong.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sat Nav?Sat Nav?
Sat Nav?

Garmin not as popular in these parts.
Normal Day in ParadiseNormal Day in Paradise
Normal Day in Paradise

You can have your kayak and eat it too.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb