My Pandan Island & Apo Reef Trip


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines
May 27th 2005
Published: June 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

pandan islandpandan islandpandan island

ahh.... yoko nang umuwi!
i was at pandan island and apo reef last may 27 until 29, (eherm, officemates, if you're reading this i was sick last friday ok? :P).............. we left pandan island on sunday at 10am and we arrived manila at 9pm...............


the meeting place was at wendy's buendia at 1:45am, friday................. we were the last one to arrive at the meeting place (it was american idol's fault :P) ................... by 2am we were already inside the bus................ we reached batangas pier by 4:30am, boarded the ferry to abra de ilog at 5am and reached abra de ilog at 7am............. then we ate breakfast while we were waiting for the bus that would take us to sablayan............... abra de ilog to sablayan is a 3-hour bus ride so we reached sablayan at 11:45am................... upon arrival at sablayan, we ate lunch while we waited for the water taxi that would take us to pandan island.............. sablayan to pandan island is just a 15-minute boat ride..................



we just bummed around the island on our first day at pandan island...................... btw, there was an old french guy there (he owns the resort we were staying) who speaks tagalog fluently,
apo reefapo reefapo reef

cast away? :p
i like him already! :P................... anyway, we snorkelled around pandan island and ofcourse i took lots of pictures................... at night after our compulsary buffet dinner we had our socials at the organizer's cottage (it rained that night)................. too bad i can't drink so i just helped them eat their pulutan :P


the next day i woke up at 5am to catch pandan island's sunrise and at 8am off we go to apo reef................. it was a 3-hour boat ride from pandan island to apo reef............... two of our companions went diving while the rest of us went snorkelling..................... i had a great time snorkelling at apo reef, it's like swimming inside a very very big salt water aquarium.................. it was a good thing i bought a disposable underwater camera (i was having second thoughts before the trip whether i'll buy it or not kasi) .....................the most exciting part was when the boat needs to move near the shore............they asked those who were near the boat to just hang to the rope while the boat moves.................. it was sooo fun! it was a welcome break from fighting away the current........................ plus, with that boat pulling us i got to cover more coral area.................... we left apo reef at 330pm.................. when evening fell and after yet another compulsary buffet dinner (but i won't complain because the food are all so good! sira ang diet :P) we had another socials but this time the venue was under the stars................ while we chatted away some of my companions went for a night snorkelling, they said the fishes at night are more colorful (note to self: buy an underwater flashlight).................................





what made the trip more interesting and more fun are the people i am with................... there was never a dull moment and i was laughing the whole time...................... i'll rate that trip 8 stars (10 being the highest) ................

for more pandan island photos : pandan
for more apo reef/island photos: apo reef/island


Advertisement



2nd November 2005

like the pix
honestly, I like the pix that's on this web...unfotunately, there's only a few...maybe it's better if u put more. Next time I visit Pinas..I'll visit this place with my family. Thanks for the info.
10th April 2006

perfect!
wow!!! you've got very nice pix... i was there last year, first week of may and i am planning to go back there after seeing your black and white photos... thanks for the idea!!!

Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb