Visiting My City Vigan


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Vigan
December 21st 2014
Published: December 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post


Calle Crisologo
I just came from a two day vacation in my city Vigan where I spend my childhood and junior years .I'd felt that I'm a tourist in my own city.There's a lot of things that have been changed-they tranformed the city into a magnificent city you can't even imagine for.Kudos to our Govt.Officials and Gov.Chavit Singson to these amazing projects they developed and more infrastructure being planned to be develop in the near future.People are still the same,hospitable,as well as being friendly to their own people and also to the foreigners and tourists visiting the city and alot of good traits also that I can be proud of as an Ilokano.As I started touring the city I can tell that the voters of the New Seven Wonders Cities that voted the city definitely didn't hesitate pressing those buttons for the city to be recognise as well as having transformed into a phenomenon city that everyone wants to visit,tourists or any andventurer.Vigan was one of the finalist that have been recognised as one of the New Seven Wonders Cities in the World.



The City of Vigan (Ilokano: Ciudad ti Bigan; Tagalog: Lungsod ng Vīgân) is a fourth class city

Calesa
in the province of Ilocos Sur, Philippines. It is the capital of the Province of Ilocos Sur. The city is located on the western coast of the large island of Luzon, facing the South China Sea. According to the 2010 Philippines census, it has a population of 49,747 people.

It is a World Heritage Site in that it is one of the few Hispanic towns left in the Philippines where its structures remained intact, and is well known for its cobblestone streets, and a unique architecture that fuses Philippine and Oriental building designs and construction, with colonial European architecture. Because of this, Vigan City was officially recognized as one of the NEW7Wonders Cities together with Beirut, Doha, Durban, Havana, Kuala Lumpur, and La Paz.

Former Philippine president Elpidio Quirino, the sixth president of the Philippines, was born in Vigan, at the current location of the Provincial Jail (his father was a warden); and resided in the Syquia Mansion.



Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigan


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Vigan at night


Pavement


Old Structures


Calle Crisologo


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb