CLOSE ENCOUNTER WITH THE BUTANDINGS


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Sorsogon » Donsol
April 29th 2007
Published: April 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

second day of our stay in albay. our next destination... donsol, sorsogon. im a sorsoganon, specifically from barcelona. to be honest, this is my first time to be in donsol. what a shame!!!! where can u find a person from sorsogon, but never never ever been in donsol, sorsogon...........onli in the pilipins and that's me....

anyway, we travel to donsol at around 7 a.m. Donsol is approximately a one-hour drive from legazpi city. the travel is not boring because of the scenic view we saw. green green all is green.. what a site.. as we arrive in donsol, we immediately proceeded to the tourism office for registration and attended the brief orientation session which is required prior to heading out to see the whale sharks. we pay for P3,500.00 for boat rentals and crew.

afte a brief orientation on the rules and guidelines, we wait for about thirty minutes before our names were called to proceed to the sea. due to many visitors and tourist, we have to wait for our turn.. the time came and all of us we're excited..

we're seven in the boat. we were accompanied by manoy boyet nunez, our BIO, butanding interaction officer, who will serve as our guide while we are in the water, one spotter, who is on the look out for the butanding and one crew that man the boat. according to manoy boyet, there are no guarantee of beeing able to see the whale sharks especially that it was already 12 noon. they informed us that it will only take a few minutes to interact with the butandings if you are there in the right time and season. they advice us that it is much better to be in the sea early or around 7 a.m for in that time, it is 100% that you will be able to witness the famous butandings.

we are saddened after knowing that information. silently, i prayed that the Lord allow us or give us a chance to interact with the butandings. we're so eager to see them.. we've been in the sea for almost an hour, but no shadow or traces of butanding. we did not allow any negative thoughts to enter our minds, so we took a lot of pictures while in the boat and throw some jokes. suddenly, the spotter immediately rushes to the other side of the sea and all of us screamed, BUTANDING, BUTANDING, BUTANDING, MERON BUTANDING!!!!!

manoy boyet immediately lead us to the water and guide us on the way for the most awaited interaction with the whale sharks. and alas, what an animal on this earth.... i was amazed and shocked after witnessing them as they swam under me. they're so big rather huge. i can't move at that moment. it seems that the hands of the clock stop temporarily. they gracefully swam and they were really kind. cool, really cool..... what an experience.

seeing them the first time is, indeed, one hell of an experience. extremely exciting, really... im really proud that i was able to saw them with my eyes.....

wowwwweiii after that i felt so contented and satisfied... after witnessing them, i uttered a thanksgiving prayer for the time and the chance that God gave me to see one of his wonderful and amazing miracles...

what a close encounter.........




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb