hundred island adventure!


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Pangasinan » Hundred Islands
July 31st 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post


My sister was leaving back home to Bacolod today, so last Saturday, We treat here to a hundred Islands adventure. I also invited my friend too and my sister's bf, and my sister's bf invited his friend too. So we are 6 in the group, with two guys and 4 girls. It will be our 1st trip to Pangasinan, hundred Islands so everybody is all excited. We left SAturday night @ around 6pm and we even bought a map at a shell station along north ave becoz i'm little scared we get lost. But there's no available map for north luzon so i bought the whole map for philippines, not even sure if it will help with only main provinces identified. We have our hilander in full tank to also make sure we won't run out of gas since e don't know how long will we travel. We just estimated 4 hours based on the route i printed from waypoints.com website. We also have only one driver, my sister's bf, i have a licensed but i am not good in driving yet, and his friend is also have no licence to drive even he knows how to.

We are all
on our way to hundred islands island hopping
on our way to hundred islands island hopping
excited on this trip, and everything went on smoothly and we lost our trails but we keep asking people whenever we are not sure. We ate @ mcdonalds capas, tarlac at around 9pm, and we continued travelling. When we reach camiling, tarlac, we started to worry, we got scared becoz the road is too dark, and it looks remote, no lights and no houses. during that time, i was also scared and was thinking what if there's npas? or any dangers coming, we don't know what to do. Also, it starts to rain, and we all felt cold becoz we have too much aircon in the car. We also passed through rough roads, and my sister's bf has run the car as fast as he can. We are kind of scared when we don't have any idea where we are since we don't see signage anymore only "welcome to camiling" signage all the time.

We are all worried until i suggested that we should just stay in transient homes if we can see one. But we are all talking bout what if we stayed in a transient home and the people who owns it are dangerous, like a cannibal,
a view of a wonderful island
a view of a wonderful island
or what if there will be ghosts, or they're bad people. It gives us creeps thinking those things, so my sister's bf decided to just drive. Thank God to the route from wapypoints becoz of it's guide, we were able to know how many more kilometers are we going to travel. We arrive @ hundred islands around 12 midnight, and we search for a place to stay. The 1st one costs 2000 so we look for other place, and we found the "last resort" room for rent. I don't know why it is named like that, but it has rooms with 5 beds inside. Since we are six, we just connect all the beds so that e could fit all into it. I choosle the bed nearest to the aircon. And man, I cn't sleep becoz it was too cold, I keep chanigng sleeping position and even wear my sweaters and use it's head cover to make me sleep. We plan to have hundred island adventure the next day so i must sleep so I will have energy for the next day.

The person in charge in the "the last resort", was kind of friendly.he gave us discounted rate,
with my sisters and friend
with my sisters and friend
and even told us that e can cook free of charge and we can stay until 5pm the next day. It was cool...and he said he can have a boatman for us to tour us to hundred islands at a cheaper price.

July 29, Sunday, we woke up around 6pm, I was the 1st one to wake up, so I woke up everybody. The sun is up, and I know that I will enjoy the island hopping. We ate the "karne prita" and the "fried chicken" that my aunt has cooked for us. WE bring also a rice, but it wasn't enough so we ask Simon- the man in charge in the "last Resort" to cook for us a rice for 50pesos. The rice was in a regular "kaldero", it was a lot of rice. After breakfast, we are all set to the hundred islands exploration.

At 7am were on our way to the 1st Island which they called Governor's Island board "honey"- the name of the boat. We have passed through a lot of Islands on our way to the Governor' Island. We've passed through monkey Island, which the boatman said it is called so becoz it
cave woman...
cave woman...
has lots of monkeys living in that island. Some Islands have names, others do not have. Hmmm..i'm wondering maybe I could name them someday...lol..

We arrived at governor's island after a 30 minutes boat ride. It was spectacular. It has a viewing deck on top. But the moment we 1st set foot on the beach, we can't help but be amzed and keep taking pictures. There's also dead cave in it. I forgot the name, but I felt sad that the cave is dead becoz humans intervene with it and destroyed it. Then, after having a lot of pictures, we went to the viewing deck. It is 120 step and it has a very slippery and very small stairs, it makes me so exhausted I want to drink water the moment i reach the topmost. I tried to catch my breathe and my legs ache.But, it is all worth the leg pains hen u saw the other islands on top of it. It has a nice view, a view you will love and a scene I will never forget. It is breathtaking. Then, we went to the other side of the island, there we saw people swimming. There's also
@ governor's island, viewing deck
@ governor's island, viewing deck
the Big Brother house where the season 2 PBB grand final 4 stayed...it has big brother sign in it, the boatman said it costs 10000/night to stay..wow! expensive...haha...but u can stay there for 1500 on regular huts, or if u want to stay in tents, u cant pay just 40 pesos/night.It has a police there...so i think it is safe..😊 We also the cave where regine velasquez took some pictures for WOW commercial. And we took some pictures in there.

We then went to Children's Island. Unlike from the 1st island we went, it is more colorful. It has cute open huts and also closed huts which costs 1300. But the boatman said it doesnt have electric so they only have lamps with battery. It has nice water too, much better than governor's island. We took some more pictures, some candid and silly ones. It approximately 20 mins from governor's island, and on our way we saw a heron like on one of an islet, so we took a picture of it. It doesnt move, and it has almost the same color of the islet so i was thinking it was its camouflaged.

We traveled another 20-30minutes to
a sign of peaceful life
a sign of peaceful life
the next island which is called Quezon Island. It has a bridge, and it has lots of people as compared to the 1st two were we've been. It is like a swimming island among the islands in there. We didnt rent a hut, we just stayed in a spacious shoreside and put a blanket in the sand and put our things. The food there it's kinda expensive, th bottled water costs 50 pesos, and a coke in can costs 30 pesos. So, the moral lesson here, bring as many food as u can. But don't bring meals if u plan to stay in the sands, they won't allow you, otherwise, u are obliged to rent a hut or a space in a canteen-like place near the beach.

my sister, my friend and I swimmed. the water is kinda too salty and it makes my face feel little sting feeling. But we swim...i love the water. it's crystal green😊 but theres not a lot of shells..i don't know why, but all i see re corals..dead ones...i guess this island is used to be a fish sanctuary on its sides, but when it was developed it has scared away the fish
children's island
children's island
on the sides. I also seen a lot of fresh seaweeds, a sign that the marine life in this island is very rich, and the fishes and other living ea creatures is still safe. My sister' bf and his friend went snorkeling, and they said it has only white fishes, not unlike in puerto galera in oriental mindoro. It is so becoz were not in a coral reef, i think so.

We were enjoying our stay in an island but an incident made us annoyed, a drunk person came to us trying to be friends, but we said no. He was old, he was drunk and we are pissed off....plus, we are bit scared so we decided to leave. We went to toilet before going home and we saw an island afar with a tent so we asked our boatman if it's possible to bring us there in that island. And so they did, we just took some pictures in the caves near the water and we didnt stay long coz there's no stores there....and it's not developed. so, we just left and went back to hotel.

We passed through an island where the "marina" telenovela in philippines
look like a lake but it's not
look like a lake but it's not
two islands with a bodies of water in between of it..makes it look like a lake...
was shot. And it took us around 45 mins to be back to our place. We took a shower, ate lunch which are primarily our leftover during our breakfast, and we left around 2pm. It started raining until Bugallon, Pangasinan.

We are on our way home when we avoid a bus who hit a bike, and one of our tires were hit by sharp object causing a flat tire. We are just thankful that it happened on day, and that we left early, and it was sunny, and were just nearby a vulcanizing. It took us an hour to have the tire removed and put the spare tire. We then have it changed in a gasoline station with vulcanizing service and ook us another our to have it back. It started raining again and we just continue driving way home. We lost some trails again at camiling but get back to the right route. We ate dinner at KFC, just in front of Mcdonalds where we have dinner on our way to Pangasinan. It was around 7pm @ KFC, Capas, Tarlac. And guess what, I have little encounter with koreans again. I was falling in line, but what has
a not so candid pic..hehe
a not so candid pic..hehe
pissed me off is that those koreans i have encountered doesn't know how to fall in line. hey all went to counter all together, and keep ordering, and i want to tell them that they should fall in line if they want to order, not all at the same time. I'm glad some of them realized to fall in line when i started to roll my eyes, and look at them.

After 30 minutes dinner, we travel back to home. When we are in Bulacan, my sister has stomachache, so whether we like it or not, we have to stop at the next stopover to attend to her needs.

We eventually arrived home around a quarter before 10pm. We are all exhausted and I sleep around 1pm since I downloaded my pics in the computer.

Tips for you:
1) If you want an adventure, and feel litlle creeps on your nerves, travel at night, but be careful, u don't know when danger comes in.
2) Buy a map if u travel so you won't get lost. It is very helpful esp. if you never been into a place u want to travel.
3) always make sure that
quezon island...
quezon island...
can't help but swim...
u have someone with u who knows how to fix a flat tire, and make sure u have necessary tools just in case ur car is in trouble.
4) Be practical, look for a place that is cheap yet comfortable, try to stay in Last Resort and ask for discounts, maybe u will discover ur negotiating skills here 😊
5) Patience is a virtue, u need a lot of this values just in case u meet some people from different cultures


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

look like a lake but it's notlook like a lake but it's not
look like a lake but it's not

two islands with a bodies of water in between of it..makes it look like a lake...


14th January 2009

Hundred Island Trip
Hi, My fiance and I are planning to visit Hundred islands. Since we dont have our own car to get to that place, can you us the address of the resort/hotel you stayed in? I believe it would be okey if we will stay there also since they can provide things needed for the sight seeing. If you have thier contact number, that would be great so I can get in touch with them directly and make the reservations. Thanks in advance. Mherl

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb