Sabang - Stay for a while


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan » Sabang
October 24th 2009
Published: October 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Sabang is an easy destination from Puerto Princesa. One could take a bus from San Jose station near Puerto Princesa or can book an underground river tour from Puerto Princesa, do the tour which takes about 2 hours, and then check into the hotel (this is what I did). The undergroung river tour is interesting, the most exciting part for me was getting there by boat which can be pretty exciting. Staying 3 days is about minimum. I met a guy who was going to stay 3 days and he's been there for 3 weeks.

The big draw of Sabang is the underground river but there is so much more to see. The waterfall is a leasurly hike which entails about 1 km along a rocky beach which is great for finding cool shells and corals. The monkey trail is a moderate hike which takes you to the underground cave. The jungle trail is about a 10 km loop that joins with the monkey trail and is entails about 100 meters constant elevation change which sometimes involves moderate climbing - this is for the more adventurous.

From Sabang there is a boat you can take directly to El Nido.
Getting to Underground RiverGetting to Underground RiverGetting to Underground River

Getting to the Underground River involves a beach landing - this can be the most exciting part of the day!
Because it was during the low season, you need to charter a special boat for 15,000 pesos. We had 6 people and it took 6 hours with great views and a nice stop over at a beach for some rest and recreation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Uligan BayUligan Bay
Uligan Bay

On the way to Sabang stop here to get a good view
Underground RiverUnderground River
Underground River

Be careful about lying down waiting for the tour - there are monitor lizards walking around!
Undergroun RiverUndergroun River
Undergroun River

Look Up - there are bats!
Dub Dub Guest HouseDub Dub Guest House
Dub Dub Guest House

Great Bungalows that are clean, screens but is not on the beach. It is more of a jungle experience as you often hear monkeys on the roof.
WaterfallWaterfall
Waterfall

Worth the Hike
RainbowRainbow
Rainbow

Most amazing full rainbow I've ever seen
Island en route to El NidoIsland en route to El Nido
Island en route to El Nido

Sabang to El Nido boat ride, stopped at this island for some R&R.
Sabang-El Nido Boat rideSabang-El Nido Boat ride
Sabang-El Nido Boat ride

More views of Palawan island


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb