Bye Bye Hong Kong hello Philippines


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan » El Nido
March 21st 2013
Published: March 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

We finally left Hong Kong yesterday and I say finally as we're not big fans. Nice to have seen it but not somewhere we have to go again. We tried to go over from Hong Kong Island to The main island on Tuesday but when we ware about to go over with the ferry it started pouring rain. Instead we walked through tunnels and shopping malls around the city to avoid the rain. Katrin managed to lose her jacket she is going to through away after the trip the day before so when the rain stopped we went to the bar we thought she forgot it at. And guess what it was still there and the staff was waiting for us to come back to get it. So we had a few coronas before going back to the hotel. Just a warning. Hong Kong is Not cheap! So we ware really glad to be heading over to the Philippines the next day.

Our flight from Hong Kong was 30 minutes late but we were not to stressed as we had 3 hours between flights. Which we found out is not that long when going through Manilas airport. The Filipinos are not rushing anything.. Getting off the plane and through Immigration was over an hour then we needed to get our bags and to the next terminal. When we found where the airport shuttle came it was another 20 min wait just to find out when in the shuttle that we had to pay 20 pesos each which is 40 cents Euro.. And we had not had time to get out any pesos out yet! The Filipinos are friendly and we had a guy offering to pay for us, but for some reason I had package 20 Us dollers that ticket guy said he could take. Katrin was so happy that she didn't have to leave the bus that she told the guy: YOU KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU RIGHT NOW. And all the Filipinos started laughing.. And we got 800 pesos back. As it came closer to our bording time for the flight to Puerto Princessa we were sitting in a traffic on a main road and had to stop in another terminal before getting to ours. Not looking good at all.

When we finally got to our terminal it was 7 min to bording time so we ran to the check in where a nice guy did all he could to type fast and hammered on the keyboard to get us checked in... And it worked.. So we ran to our gate as we heard the lady say something about our flight.. Yes bording time I thought! we made it! Nahhh our flight was delayed... So we sat down sweating from all the running.



Our flight was 85 min plus the 30 min waiting on the runway and I slept through it all. Tired we landed in Puerto Princessa and jumped into a tricycle which is a motorcycle with seats attached to it and got to our hotel.

We found a place to get some food and tried to get some sleep.. As this morning we had a bus/van right to El Nido the northeast town on Palawan island (just like Sigló City)! It was a long 5 hour ride on a bumpy roud but we are here and it looks great and relaxing. Next two days we will be doing some island hopping around here and enjoying the 1 euro beer and 2 euro lobsters!

Until next time

All the love

Katrin and Dua

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb