The luxury of showers and air condition


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Palawan » El Nido
March 27th 2013
Published: March 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

El Nido was a great place. We stayed in a small hotel owned by a French guy named David and a Swedish guy called Tommy. The restaurant/bar had amazing view over the beach. Our first night we sat at the bar chatting with Tommy and David when we found out they make there own rum shots... And unfortunately for us we had to try them. They tasted good but didn't feel to good the next day. We also met a great Philippine couple that night that ware also on holiday and it was really interesting to talk and see how our life's are different when growing up in the European countries or here in the Philippines.

Our room in El Nido did not have an air condition and as I am no fan of them and I only think they are loud and unhealthy and the room had a fan so I thought we ware fine. Ohhh was I wrong about that. Our first night was one of the hottest sweeties I have ever lived. And as the electricity gos off at 6 am the fan did too. We did try to sleep but ware more rolling around until we finally got up into the cold shower. Or should I say we shovelled some water over us from the bucket we had in the shower because the pressures on the shower only gave you a few drops of water.

We spent the day walking around, relaxing with our books looking at the people. Yes the heat and the shots ware a bit to much for us.

The biggest activities in El Nido is going island hopping and are the 3 day trips that everyone offers. The boats are pretty slow and take you around few islands. Tommy and David offer a different trip on a speed boat. There you get to see more and go faster over. We signed up for that and we ware 6 total on the trip. In was absolutely amazing day. First we went to a beach that was to far for the slow boats to get to. So we ware the only one there. The captain grilled great food and we hanged out. Next it was secret beach where we had to swim through a little cave to get to and we did a bit of snorkeling. After that we stopped in few places to snorkel. I was mostly trying to find Nemo but didn't find him, but saw all millions of his friends. The captain took Katrin to see a stingray which I was happy I didn't see as I would probably just panic, scare the stingray and get stung by it Steve Irwin style.

After 3 great days in El Nido its time to jump to the next Island. Which means 5 hours in a van with really uncomfortable seats to Puerto Princessa . But it has to be done.

In Puerto Princessa we had booked a hotel with air condition and from now on that will be a luxury we will pay extra for. After checking in we decided we wanted to go see the cathedral we had been reading about so we jump on a tricycle and head towards the cathedral just to find a lot of people selling braided palms. Yeah it was palm Sunday and a lot of praying going on so we never entered the cathedral.

After some walking around and dinner it was time to go to bed with the air conditioning on full blast and try get some sleep for our flight to Cebu.

All the love from the Philippines

Katrin and Dua

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb