A Glimpse of Mountain Province


Advertisement
Asia » Philippines » Mountain Province » Sagada
November 1st 2012
Published: December 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Three different bus stations without luck, it’s a four day long weekend after all. We took another chance and went to Cubao Victory Liner as chance passengers unsure when we would actually be able to get on a bus. Who would have thought we’d end up on a comfortable deluxe bus with reclining chairs and a shorter five hours ride?! Now all we had to do was to get ourselves on a bus to Sagada. S... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Guesthouse #1Guesthouse #1
Guesthouse #1

pot inside the toilet, unfinished paint, broken window
foodfood
food

juicy chicken, pork, and their version of fish & chips



7th December 2012

Good memories...
Loved this Tinnie thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a mixed time in Sagada.. the Youghurt House must have really changed as it was the place to be when we were there.. that was 3 years ago though! Reading about your caving was great too.. this was a real highlight for our trip and we found the guides there really great too. Photos of the ritual are also fabulous... I bet they were a bit cold doing that! :o)
7th December 2012

Thank You!
The Yogurt House...I think it really depends, I think they change staff often (just like in Masferre), perhaps the reason why there's pretty much opposing feedbacks around. We still noticed LOTS of customers going there, mostly expats. I did read your Sagada blog before going and I was like "the caving thing should be easy, they finished it in two hours" ...well ... It was a highlight for me too...enormous thing...and I loved the river inside the caves, could have been a fun swim if it wasn't too cold. And the ritual costume? I actually asked and they were telling me they're not cold at all!
7th December 2012
elders after the food offering

Beautiful photo
Colorful and lovely :)
9th December 2012

Cave Connection
And I thought SUMAGUING Cave was an ordeal. Oh, to be young again. I'd likely not ever going to do the cave connection. But I'm happy to read people blogging about it. Nice, Tynnie. I'd be posting my Sagada blog soon after.
9th December 2012

haha...it was worth it but i won't blame you tita =D looking forward to your own Sagada story!
5th December 2014

Our Culture Defines Us
I'm happy that you were able to witness one of our traditions. Something that we should hold dear and shouldn't fear to impart to the younger generation. My ancestors mostly came from Sagada but I grew up knowing more about my roots in Masla, Mt. Province (our family mostly go to Masla for the Christmas or Summer Break). As my aunt told me before, their are two Dap-ays in Sagada. One for the men and one for the women. It's like the "tambayan" for them before. My mum told me that the men and women stay in the "dap-ayan" during harvest time, and they wake up early to go to the fields. The whole town will be giving food to those who are staying in the dap-ay because those who stay there will not just be harvesting their own rice field but also will be helping the others. Typical "bayanihan". And that is one of the reasons why we have the Begnas.

Tot: 0.444s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 24; qc: 139; dbt: 0.2775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb