The One Before the Last one


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Manila
December 29th 2014
Published: December 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Last ChukkerLast ChukkerLast Chukker

Great restaurant at Manila Polo Club....Thanks Ger!
Getting ready to head home in a few hours. But it's been an activity-filled 3 days after Christmas.

Dec 26

We we're treated to a very nice lunch and afternoon at the Last Chukker at the Manila Polo Club by Maria's cousin Ger. His kids (the cousins) joined and took everyone on a nice walking tour of the club while Maria went to a nearby shopping mall. Ger and I hit golf balls at the driving range with the kids and enjoyed ice cold San Miguel Beer.

Dec 27

We visited Maria's other cousins about 90 minutes south of Manila in the town of Santa Rosa. They live in a very nice neighborhood and the kids enjoyed the day using the community gym to play hoops and swimming in the pool. I got myself invited to play golf at the very nice Orchard Golf Club and joined the family that afternoon.

Dec 28

Haircut day. Girls went Malling one last time while the boys and I rested up and got hair cuts.

Dec 29

Packing day. We got packed up and I was able to fit one last round of golf in at
CousinsCousinsCousins

The O'C kids with cousins
the local Veterans Administration Golf course. I was lucky enough to get to play with 2 retired doctors who spent their careers at the hospital and grounds....a great way to wrap up the trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

SmoothiesSmoothies
Smoothies

Watermelon & mango...delicious
The GirlsThe Girls
The Girls

Cousins and Badminton adversaries.
Boys Boys
Boys

in a jacuzzi
GirlsGirls
Girls

Pool time
Lechon-Roast PigLechon-Roast Pig
Lechon-Roast Pig

Didn't get to try a piece of this one, but I had some today for lunch.
Fresh LumpiaFresh Lumpia
Fresh Lumpia

Lumpia ubod
PancitPancit
Pancit

The dish the city of Malabon is known for.
Day After ChristmasDay After Christmas
Day After Christmas

At the Tri-noma shopping mall in Metro manila. This mall is BIG...and crowded! It is 4 levels of retail and literally PACKED. The folks here call it "malling". Window shopping in the air conditioned comfort of one of these behemoth retail bazaars beats the 89* heat and humidity.
HaircutsHaircuts
Haircuts

Jack and Joe getting their coif on in the local barber shop...2 haircuts for 100 pesos (at 44 php = $1.00)
19th Hole19th Hole
19th Hole

Me and Doc G enjoying an ice cold San Mig after golf today.
Jeepney'sJeepney's
Jeepney's

Public Transportation in and around manila is mostly done with these rigs. A 1-way ride costs about .25 cents.
MotorbikeMotorbike
Motorbike

I think I captured this the last time we visited, But for a westerner (like me) I cannot get over seeing 6 people (driver + 5 passengers) on a motorbike with a side-car.


29th December 2014
Motorbike

Can't...stop...drooling...
The feast pictures are awesome. The pancit looks insanely delicious. The smoothies are beautiful. GREAT BLOG!
29th December 2014
Pancit

Restaurant Recommendation?
Are there any good Filipino restaurants in the South Bay or environs? Your pictures are making me hungry...
2nd January 2015
Pancit

Send an email to Maria
I'll ask her aunt where we purchase good for special occasions. We are glad to be home and thank you for the commentary. Happy New Year!

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb