What a loooong day


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Manila
March 5th 2011
Published: October 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This morning we woke up at 4:30 and ten minutes later were out the door looking for the closest route to get to the main road. We started walking and I asked a local woman who told us to definitely turn around and walk a different way -- the road we were headed down was not safe for foreigners during dark hours. She apparently takes the trash out every morning around 4:45 and graciously led us to a different road and told us we would be able to get a motor for 100 pesos. A bit steep if you ask me, it should be 50!

When we got to the road a driver offered to take us to the port for 100, I said no, kept walking, and he came back asking how much we'd pay. I said 50 and he agreed. He took a different road to the port, but we got there just a few minutes before five, paid for the boat and the terminal fee, and hopped on a boat. One had already left full of people so it seems like there are tons to get on and they leave whenever they're full.

About 20 minutes later we were at the airport without an itinerary -- a big deal here. So we had to sweet talk our way into the terminal to be able to check in. It was quick and we had to walk outside to get to the waiting area. Since they're still in construction, we were sitting in a room with three walls, the fourth an open space looking out onto the tarmac decorated with some lovely greenery.

When it was time to get on the plane we all filed in line, the Koreans taking pictures of themselves in front of the plane, and sat in our seats to find the aircraft not even half full! We were all seated in the back of the plane save one older man who flew standby.

Once again the flight was quicker than an hour and we got to the airport and waited. Well, I waited. Ronald went to pick up our bag at cargo and then to go get his passport with his new Taiwanese tourist visa. We checked in when he got back (with Cebu Pacific Air you can check in for your international flight waaaay ahead...when we arrived before 8 am it was already open...we fly at 10 pm) and luckily got through again with our tent and have been waiting here ever since. Not much to do, not many places to go, not much to buy besides a ginormous bottle of rum for 90 USD.

Hopefully we'll get a good room for tonight and be able to sleep in tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb