Here we go again......(5 countries in 8 days!)


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Malapascua Island
January 11th 2010
Published: January 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So after spending 1 1/2 years (!) in Scandinavia, finally have some spare cash to go crazy on the other side of the world again! I have lots of old fellow travellers on my mailing list, so if it's just too depressing reading more of my ramblings then there should be a link in the mail to remove yourself, otherwise...enjoy!

Plan so far is to go over to the Philippines (17/01), Nepal (12/02), and then back to Bali and the Gili's (26/03)!

So left Leicester on the 12th to spend a night in Gatwick, ready to fly to Bangkok on the 13th. After an 'enjoyable' night on the floor woke to be told that the whole airport was closed!!!! An inch of snow, 0 oC! Got a bus to Heathrow and got on an alternative plane to Dubai. Although missed our connection to Bangkok so had to spend 24hrs in Dubai.

Got a complimentary hotel though, and lots of free meals, so wasn't too bad. Went for a walk from the hotel to see some 'sights', walking along tracks, jumping over ropes and sprinting across highways!

But eventually made it to Bangkok for a day and a half of 'relaxing'. Tried to find a dive supply shop to get a new mask for Anna, ended up walking for hours into the dodgy-ist part of bangkok, arriving at dusk, with no dive shop to be found. Couldn't get a taxi back as it was going to take at least 2hrs to get back to Khoa San, because of all the traffic! Ended up on the back of a motorbike, winding our way through the traffic! Unfortunately no pics, as firstly didn't want to lose another camera, and on the bike was too scared to let go of the rather amused driver! Silly white people!

So spent the rest of the time with a few well deserved Chang! Mmm... beer.

Next stop back Bangkok airport again, took a flight to Manilla overnight, and then another flight to Cebu. Arrived at 9am and took a 3hr taxi ride to a little port called Maya. A little pump boat over to Malapascua Island. Absolutely shattered! Really has been 5 countries in 8 days!

Was in bed by 4pm and slept all the way through until whatever day it is today! Lots of diving planned and some sort of trip through the Philippines back to Manilla. Itinerary pending! Beautiful island although its been throwing it down since this morning, but at least its warm. Small issue with money as we didn't get out enough cash so have a budget of 700 pesos a day (after accomodation), between two, which is about 9 pounds...mmm! Only one place takes visa, so have already started a tab! Planned luxury travelling has gone a little awray! Will put some more pics etc on the next one!








Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Dubai CityDubai City
Dubai City

The closed we got!
Malapascua IslandMalapascua Island
Malapascua Island

Only place with VISA, planning our trip!


18th January 2010

Its me
not sure why this link doesn't really work...hopefully it will update to the full version of what I wrote soon x

Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb