This site is intended for information on travels for Samal island and some parts in the Philippines


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Davao del Norte » Samal Island
January 4th 2010
Published: December 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

gulf view in Pandawangulf view in Pandawangulf view in Pandawan

quick stop here for gulf view
All about Samal[url=http://samalislandtherealdeal.wordpress.com/ TravelBlog Island’s must visit places ·Samal Island

Weekend nowadays are spend with quick nature trip away from the city life. No wonder every weekend the ferry rides in Samal Island are jammed up that every local commuters can observed the traffic along the Sasa highway. Moreover, getting to Samal Island via ferry caused so much stress.

On the other hand, most local tourists who came to visit Samal [url=http://samalislandtherealdeal.wordpress.com/ TravelBlog Island are people who want to get on the beach and enjoy the sea. Albeit, going to beach is not the activities that local tourists can do in Samal Island.

Like for example, hiking along foot trails here in the island is one of a better activity when in Samal. Walking along Samal island one should keep nature minded and observed how many species still thrive here.

There are few must visit places here if you enjoy walking, if one intends to go towards Canibad for hiking. The walk here is great have try it once we cover almost 3 hours for 19-20 kilometers (approximate estimation only) the hike is uphill with loose sedimentary rocks. Wearing proper shoes is necessary. Do not fail to stop at the Pandawan viewing deck, this place provides better stop for sight seeing the gulf view.



Another better place to walk and hike is going to Samal Island’s highest peak the Putting bato. Again, for someone who wants an easy walk along the shoreline barangay Catagman provides quick shoreline walk and it also gives better view awareness of the little creatures along the shorelines from birds, mangroves and small fishes. Surprisingly, along the shoreline of Catagman the site Putting Bato are clear during good weather.

A walk in Kaputian public beach shoreline is another option for someone who prefers to walk. These areas have a long white sand stretch a nice place to walk quietly and commune with nature. Prior to Kaputian district, hikers, cyclists, commuters will be amazed when reaching the barangay Del Monte since there are portion along the road that provides magnificent gulf view. A pause in this area creates a delightful experience.

Hikers, cyclists, and motorists can also visit barangay Limao especially in the Moncado white house wherein the splendid site of the gulf provided.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb