Leaving the Philippines


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Cebu » Cebu City
September 23rd 2011
Published: September 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

What a mission to leave the Nuts Huts! I had the choice of climbing a couple of hundred steps then the 15minute walk to the road with my bags or taking the boat across the river for 10pesos and walking the 1.5km into Loboc and taking the bus from there. I chose the boat and the 1.5km walk as that meant i could stop in Loboc and buy some of the delicious sponge/coconut hot sugar cakes that i discovered the other day when i visited and in the end it always comes down to the food! I was then able to easily catch the bus going to Tagbilaran, although it was abit squashed on the bus it was only for 40mins so it wasnt too bad, the driver wasnt crazy like most Philippino drivers and the road was pretty good! It does make me laugh though how all the locals get into the buses or jeepneys or whatever and pray and there are religious stickers everywhere on the public transport but they drive like the road is running out.
On arriving in Tagbilaran i took a trycicle to the pier and then a ferry to Cebu. The two hour ferry was only half an hour or so delayed but they never tell you. So you kind of sit waiting thinking your missing the boat when it hasnt even arrived yet. I eventually arrived in Cebu just after two, but the pier is a long walk to the main road, much further than i antisipated. Asking around i found the minibus going to the 'airport' so after quickly having lunch i was on my way after double checking it was going to the airport. Did it go to the airport? NO!
I was sat on the minibus wondering why there was only me with luggage and came to the decision that they were either getting dropped off on the way or meeting people at the airport. After doing a couple of stops and seeing that the bus was heading in the right direction for the airport i stopped worrying, but the that was it he stopped at the end of the airport road about a 25min walk from the terminal! Fantastic! So after then walking all the way to the termainal i arrived at the airport at four, my flight was at eight so loads of time to sit read and surf the net. The check in was the worlds slowest check-in and getting through passport control was just as long, but the plane did depart on time, whoo.
We arrived amazingly in Singapore 25mins early and was able to take the airport shuttle bus right to the hostel door. Sleep and a comfy bed, bliss!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb