Vacation in Boracay


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Boracay
March 28th 2007
Published: March 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we ( Natalie, Sarah, and myself) decided to break up the school year with a little vacation to the Philippines. It was quite an experience. It was a mission to get to Boracay, but definitely worth it. First we began with a two hour flight to Manila, followed by a taxi ride from Manila international airport to Manila domestic airport. Then an hour flight to Catilan. Then a tricycle ride to a ferry and finally after the ferry another tricycle ride. Everything is very cheap, but you always need cash because they charge you for everything. For example, there was a P20 environmental charge for the ferry boat and a P750 terminal charge, etc. Once we got onto Boracay Island, we stayed in Station 3 at Angol Point. We rented a cottage on the beach which had a hammock. It was very cozy. When we checked in, the owner frantically asked, " Is it ok if we give you your welcome drink in the morning because it's to dark to climb the coconut tree right now?"
We had no idea what he was talking about and just kind of ignored the question. The next morning, the man literally climbed the coconut tree, got three coconuts, opened them and put a straw in each, for us to drink. Later in the morning, we planned to go scuba diving off of Crocodile Island. We went swimming in caves and saw little nemos. The following day, I went on a jet ski and relaxed on the beach. If you ever get a chance to go to the Philippines, Boracay is definitely a place to be seen.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



28th March 2007

Phillipines
Hi Katie, Wow! It took a lot of planning to get to your final destination! Good for you and your friends for going on such an adventure. The pictures are great! I hope you had a wonderful time. Love, A. Mary
29th March 2007

Nice
Kate, its been a while since I have talked to you and really the first time I looked, in depth, at your pictures. I hope your having a great time as I am sure you are and keep up the awesome picture taking. Call me if you get a chance. Love ya.
29th March 2007

Hi Kate, I'll try again, other message zapped away before I wrote:( I have enjoyed your blog so much, these pics are super. Hope your studies are doing well. This is truly an unique opportunity. Luv ya

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb