Pics from Bohol


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Bohol » Panglao
January 5th 2008
Published: January 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Forgot to mention in the last blog that we went and saw the Chocolate Hills and Tarsiers on Panglao Island.

We were told that Tarsiers only live on this island and are protected by the government (as they were becoming fewer and fewer). They are nochturnal so sleep during the day but seemed to wake up to eat some crickets that we were feeding them. They are about the size of a big fist and can jump up to 3 metres - unbelievable!

The Chocolate Hills is an unusual geological formation in Bohol, Philippines. It is composed of around 1,300 perfectly cone-shaped hills of about the same size, spread over an area of more than 50 square kilometers. They are covered in green grass that turns brown during the dry season, which gives them their name. Sometimes considered the "Eighth Wonder of the World" and is the country's 3rd National Geological Monument and proposed for inclusion as a UNESCO World Heritage List.

Yes I stole all of this off the internet.

Enjoy the pics!

P.S. Mike and Ryan have grown beards the whole trip and then decided to shave to moustaches - Ted you would be so proud.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



7th January 2008

Meagan, you misled all the people. Tell them it was really you and not the ladyboy who was dancing.
7th January 2008

awesome trip
you would totally rule at Amazing Race. Thanks for sharing all your experiences with us. Have fun!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb