Baguio Backpackers


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Baguio
March 29th 2014
Published: April 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Quick weekend getaway it is..for the longest time since my trip to KK Malaysia finally..I was able to experience again the joy of touring and exploring new places..This time..hello Baguio!.

Since its my first time to visit the summer capital of the Philippines.I was very excited as i prepare and packed all my things especially the outfits..haha..(Epic fail I brought a lot of pullover, long sleeves and pajamas not considering that its already summer) oh well I still manage my not so weather friendly Baguio attire.

Baguio is almost 6-7 hours drive from Laguna depending on the severity of traffic or how many stop over you want.

We left Laguna friday night and arrived to our booked transient house Saturday morning around 3:30 am. For those who also want a quick peek to Baguio you may schedule your trip at night so you can start the tour in the morning just like what we did.

Day 1:

After a short nap upon arrival to our transient house (Sentosa transient at Tiptop road Baguio). Everybody in our group prepare breakfast and get ready for a whole day adventure (itinerary was already done day before our exact tour). First stop is the "Wright park"- famous for horseback riding which will cost you 300 pesos for an hour ride.(note: prepare yourself for the foul smell possibly due to horse urine). For those who only want to take picture of course it will be at a lower cost ranging from 20-30 pesos. Expect a lot of stair climbing for this trip if I may say.During the course to The Wright park you may also try their strawberry taho (made from soya flavored by their famous fruit-strawberry)there are also area on the top wherein you can take a picture wearing national costumes of their natives(Igorot) for a very low price with unlimited shots😉

Straight ahead you will find the famous "The Mansion"..you can take many pictures as you want outside.

Our next stop is Mines View known for souvenirs cheap finds.There are many stalls with different items depending on what you preferred as souvenirs or give aways. The famous St Bernard dog is also located there where you can take a picture with fee (50 for 3 shots). Make sure that you use your "tawad" skills to be able to buy a lot of goodies.

Just along the Mines View is the Good Shepherd (Actually I'm not sure for the exact name), all I know that it is famous for their UBE jam and strawberry jam. As in..there are a lot of queues in the window ordering bulks of UBE jam..haha (I didn't order but I manage to taste it through my friend--> just like ube halaya)

We ate our lunch at Mamitas Bulaluhan. The cheapest menu will cost you (99.00) per plate with meat and vegetables and unlimited rice (foods are just "so so" to me). I think mine is the sisig (super fatty!.) As the restaurant name implies--> "bulaluhan" they mainly caters their beef bulalo (beef stock).

After our lunch we headed our way to Baguio Cathedral- a very simple and quiet church, best for praying and silent time for yourself. We also drop-by to Burnham Park . Actually we rode a boat there--> First and last time for me. We don't know how to paddle!. We can't even make the boat go on the other side of the lake so we decided to go back to where we come from after ahmmmm.. 30 minutes? (another epic fail for us. haha).

After our paddling efforts at Burnham park. We climb 200 steps up to the Lourdes Grotto and offer a prayer through different colored candles.

We also pass by the Camp John Hay and enter Bell's house (entrance fee:60.00). Picture taking again and exploring the beauty of flowers and the ambiance. (pine trees).

Ending our day to SM Baguio for dinner.



DAY 2:

We woke up early in preparation to our travel to La-Trinidad (Strawberry farm). At strawberry farm we were all excited for the strawberry picking..hehe (1 basket cost 300.00 pesos/no person limit). We took a lot of photos while picking .There are also a lot of stalls there for additional goodies and souvenirs to choose from. Also, this is the best place to try their strawberry taho because it has real strawberry on top..yum!.

We also went to the Bell Church (Like buddhist chapel for me)..Stairs again.oh well.

Our last stop is the TAM-AWAN village. If I will give reaction to the place based on how we travel to locate it..OMG!..not worth it!..haha Kidding aside, I think we asked the wrong person for direction. Imagine our van constantly going up (Steepest on its steepest word) and then suddenly go down again and voila!--> Welcome to TAM-AWAN village. The village only features cultural history of the place with entrance fee of 50.00. They call it the Garden in the sky. I can't properly review the place since I am not in to cultural thing. They will give you a map to locate and appreciate the each area of the place (Wear Rubber shoes pleaaaase.. it has a lot of stair climbing again).

For those who already read my KK trip-->Not much difference to the "little baguio"-Kota Kinabalu Heritage Park if I may compare.

We ate our Lunch at Giligans (sinigang is superb!) or maybe because since Day 1 I am craving for that.haha

At exactly 1:30 PM, were now headed back to Laguna. Bye bye Baguio!

Dropping by at the famous Kennon Road Viewpoint and picture taking at the Lions Head while on our way home.

Hello Laguna at around 10:30 PM

Expenses:Van (Transportation) 16,000 (16 seater)

Transient house-3,500 (good for 12 person- 3 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms)

Entrance fee 110.00(60.00 and 50.00)

Foods- 500.00

Pasalubong,souvenirs others- 2,000


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



25th January 2015

Baguio Inquiries
hello.. were going to Baguio for the panagbenga festival. do you know a website where we can reserve our bus ticket going there?
25th January 2015

Baguio Inquiries
hello.. were going to Baguio for the panagbenga festival. do you know a website where we can reserve our bus ticket going there?
26th January 2015

Baguio inquiries
Hi there!.sorry i am not so sure for bus ticket reservations, since our mode of transportation the last time we visited Baguio is thru private van..but you may check out the victory liner website..Hope you will enjoy ur panagbenga experience!.:)
13th November 2015

Inquiry
Hi! Ms. shane, id like to ask sana kung anong name ng transient house yung kinuha nio and the van na din... Thanks! pls email me na lng po ha...arkibautista29@gmail.com. thanks ulet!
13th November 2015

Okay i will send you a mail once i managed to get the current contacts for the transient house and hired van..but for advance info we stayed at sentosa transient house on tip top road..for the hired van..were from laguna so one of my officemates arranged it..thanks!
2nd October 2016

Great blog out here
I really love your articles out here. I will recommend this on my blog definetly!
4th October 2016

Thank You!
Hello?..thank you so much for the appreciation. Saw your blog site and it was really good compare to mine that is so "immaturiiiissshh" and under developed!.ahaha. Salamat po.
11th November 2016

baguio tour
"BAGUIO TOUR" FOR ONLY 1,799 PER HEAD (MINIMUM OF 10 PERSON) SWAK NA SWAK SA BARKADA AND FAMILY BONDING.. 2 DAYS AND 1 NIGHT, DEPARTURE NG SATURDAY 1AM ARRIVAL TO BAGUIO 6AM OR 7AM BACK TO MANILA (SUNDAY AFTERNOON) UNG HOUSE PO NATIN LOCATED AT CAMP 7, MAY SARILING CR WITH HOT SHOWER, SALA AND TV, AT MAY BACKYARD FOR BARBEQUE AND GRILLING, TWO ROOMS, KASYANG KASYA PO KAYO, UNG VAN PO NATIN L300 VERSA VAN, MAY AIRCON PO. WITH LUNCH, DINNER, BREAKFAST AND LUNCH. TOURS: MINES VIEW WRIGHT PARK THE MANSION HORSE BACK RIDING BURNHAM PARK NIGHT MARKET (9pm) BOTANICAL GARDEN GOOD SHEPERD CAMP JOHN HAY PICK UP POINT: MONUMENTO OR BALINTAWAK MESSAGE LANG PO KAYO, OR TEXT CALL 09266679970 Mikael Cupcupin
16th February 2017

Baguio tour package
Baguio tour package Open for joiners. 2 days 1 night March 4-5 ,2017 (sat and sun) 1,950 per head Inlcusios: Van (manila-baguio-manila) accomodation with meal driver tour guide gas and toll gates Tours Pick up: mercury drug, monumento caloocan city Departure: march 4 (2am) Arrival baguio: 6am Day 1 Lions head: 6am Accomodation check in: 6:30am Mines view - 9am Goodshepperd - 10am Wright park & the mansion - 11am Lunch Camp john hay - 3pm Back to transient: 5pm Dinner Sm baguio: 7pm night market & burnharm park: 8pm Day 2 (march 5 sunday) Breakfast: 6am Strawberry farm: (7am SHARP) (Bili pasalubong, vegetables, etc..) Back to transient 10am Check out: 12nn Burnharm park and baguio city supermarket: 1pm Back to manila: 4pm or earlier Arrival manila: 8pm to 9pm For more info call txt 09266679970 Michael Cupcupin
16th February 2017

Baguio tour package
Baguio tour package Open for joiners. 2 days 1 night March 4-5 ,2017 (sat and sun) 1,950 per head Inlcusios: Van (manila-baguio-manila) accomodation with meal driver tour guide gas and toll gates Tours Pick up: mercury drug, monumento caloocan city Departure: march 4 (2am) Arrival baguio: 6am Day 1 Lions head: 6am Accomodation check in: 6:30am Mines view - 9am Goodshepperd - 10am Wright park & the mansion - 11am Lunch Camp john hay - 3pm Back to transient: 5pm Dinner Sm baguio: 7pm night market & burnharm park: 8pm Day 2 (march 5 sunday) Breakfast: 6am Strawberry farm: (7am SHARP) (Bili pasalubong, vegetables, etc..) Back to transient 10am Check out: 12nn Burnharm park and baguio city supermarket: 1pm Back to manila: 4pm or earlier Arrival manila: 8pm to 9pm For more info call txt 09266679970 Michael Cupcupin
8th October 2017
SENTOSA Transient House

please inform me po about this asap kasi we are planning to go at baguio and it will be our first time. i would like to know the contact number of the person incharge for the transcient house that you blogged

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb