We have survived so far...just


Advertisement
Philippines' flag
Asia » Philippines » Baguio
November 11th 2008
Published: November 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we found the beach. Turns out it was a 5 minute drive up the road. At the stop we were supose to get off at the previous evening. We stayed at a place called Sebay beach resort right on the ocean. The beach, called La Union is a very popular surfers destination. We got there and the waves were really small so we wanted to wait for bigger. All the local children were surfing and had a little competition. It was so cute. The town is called San Juan and isn't a huge tourist desitnation, we are constantly stared at. Our first night we met some people from Manila, but we were so tired we headed to bed at 830. There was a huge storm with thunder and lightening. The next day we spent at the beach and cory and I headed back to San Fran for a little shopping. Everything is so cheap here. That night we enjoyed some video-oke with the local surfer boys. Dollar beers are the greatest. The people awesome. The next day we planned to surf, but when we woke up the waves were massive due to a typhon(sp?) off of Hong Kong. We kinda talk ourselves up the night before so had to avoid the guys for that day. At one point I was taking a little stroll along the bach, and a rather large wave came. It took me out and i was pumbeled to the ground, I rolled up the beach like a dead cat. Rather embarrasing. Everyone else thought it was funny. That night we got to do even more Video-oke thanks to Danielle and her love for singing. We met up with the surfers again and they took us to the Disco. It was a swell evening to say the least. As usual our plan was to get up at 5am the next day. We made 7 not to bad though. Caught a bus to Baguio. It was 2 hours and I thought certain death. But we made it, only to discover the next bus that leaves to Banue (the rice terraces) is in 9 and a half hours. I hope we make our flight on friday, cause with our luck I doubt it! Rice Terraces tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb