Namibia March 14th


Advertisement
Pakistan's flag
Asia » Pakistan
March 14th 2008
Published: March 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I moved out of my last guest house this morning because their dogs on the property bark a lot at night, several people at breakfest complained about this. The hosts were good about it, they even found me a new place about a mile away, much better, a remote tv, a/c, quiet. Went to the mall again to purchase a phone card, left for another game drive at a local place, about 20 miles north of the city. Got there an hour early and walked around, very nice place, a privately owned property that is huge. Many acres of land with over 5000 animals including lepords and cheetas (did not see any). The property is split in two by a river, it was flooded because of the rains yesterday, so, the gaime drive ended up being on only a small part of the property. Saw a few animals, not really worth it. But, after that was a lion feeding. They have 1 male a and 2 females that were determined to be very agressive and a hazard to the public in the wild, they were darted and brought here. They feed them every day at 5:30pm. This was quite a site to see, they basically through them some meat, but they tease them first to put on a good show. I did not realize that they were so large an animal. Very impressive. We were about 20 feet from them most of the time behind a wall with viewing holes in it. Drove back to Windhoek and picked up my laundry at the prior guest house then went to dinner at a very German restaurant. The owner of the guest house was born here and is of German heritage. She speaks fluent German, Africana and English, the guide at the game drive did this also. I am amazed that they can swith from one language to another with no effort. Tomorrow I will be picking up Craig at 8:30am and heading north to the Frans Indongo lodge. They have several activities available. I will be back at this guest house on Sunday evening.

Take care, Dave.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb