Parties in Peshawar


Advertisement
Pakistan's flag
Asia » Pakistan » Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
July 14th 2006
Published: July 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It's been a crazy few days. I think I may have eaten and drunk more than one the whole trip up this point! We have sat on the road and drunk spiced kava with the locals, and dined at Fancy Pakistani buffets with the ex-pat crowd. We've had burgers and pizza and icecream, and hunks of meat cooked in a wok from a guy who couldn't speak a word of english.

We've played countless games of volleyball, danced our asses off looking like toga-clad munters, and spent lazy days watching cable. We've caught up with old friends, made new friends... and scared the cleaner (Corb didn't know anyone was in the house and went to find a drink in his boxers!).

THe old town is really cool - a rabbit warren of backstreets where the spices are piled a mile high and everyone asks you in for tea. There are carpet and fabric vendors round every corner and the gold market sparkles so brightly you can probably see it in London! We've met people from Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, and even a few crazy old New Zealanders.

It's been a mad few days but totally awesome!

Tomorrow: the Khyber Pass



Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb