More Commandos Escort Us


Advertisement
Pakistan's flag
Asia » Pakistan » Islamabad
September 30th 2015
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.7076, 73.0479

Well we made it to Islamabad. We were told in the morning at our hotel in Besham that we would need to be escorted for the next 50 kms. Fair enough if that is what is required then bring it on. The police waited patiently outside our hotel for us to finish breakfast and after that it was on for the next seven hours.
Our escort vehicle changed every few districts, on some occasions we had an escort vehicles both infront and behind our vehicle. Great for getting through the heavy traffic. Sirens and flashing lights but they overtake trucks madly on blind mountain corners and expect us to stick close to them. They clearly got very uncomfortable if another vehicle got in the middle of our convoy. Darren had never driven so fast and was totally shattered by the end of the day. We managed to get them to stop briefly so we could get something to eat and have a pee but other than that we never stopped all day. Interestingly our lunch spot was just a few streets over from Osama Bin Laden's compound where team America finally found him. Our GPS told us it was 1.2kms away and we had intended to drive down the relevant street for picture but given our tour guides were a little edgy we just took a photo of the restaurant we stopped for lunch. Giggle Giggle.
We cant really say we have seen Pakistan, just been whisked through the place so fast our wheels hardly touched the ground. The Hunza valley was fantastic the rest was a blur. Oh well next time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Restaurant lunch stopRestaurant lunch stop
Restaurant lunch stop

Just behind this place is one very famous house for many of the wrong reasons


4th October 2015

Was the gun pointed at you two!!!

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb