October 9, Namche Bazaar


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal
October 9th 2017
Published: October 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

October 9, Namche Bazaar, 3440 m
October 9, Namche Bazaar

A rest? day today. Woke up to a clear sky and huge high mountains all around, just stunning.
Breakfast at 7 then an acclimization climb.
We first climbed to the national park headquarters. There is a view of Everest but it was covered by clouds.
Toured the Sherpa museum, quaint but very interesting. One fact is the mountains are getting a meter higher every 10 years.
Then we climbed 400 m higher to the Everest View Hotel, no view when we were there because of clouds. The walk down was much faster with no breaks and by 1 we were ordering lunch.
The afternoon was spent shopping, extra batteries for me, since flashlights are critical for the nightly washroom visits. We are told to drink 3 or 4 or even 5 litres a day to combat altitude sickness so that means plenty of washroom visits.
A group of us had pastry at a bakery, then watched Sherpa, a movie about the deaths of 16 Sherpas on the Kumbu glacier.
Supper at 6:30, then a hot shower for $4, well worth it. By 8 myself and my roommate were the only ones still up, finally had a chance to do some blogging, but because of Wifi costs and some technical issues decided to forgo regular updates until I get back to Kathmandu.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb