Rain Falling On A Tin Roof


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
June 3rd 2016
Published: June 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We're taking a rest day today, after the travelling, rafting and walking it's time to chill out. There is a spa on the lake called Jiva Cafe and it served mighty fine iced mint and lime as well as doing massages. It was Bob and Tom's first massage and they were put in a room together, Cas also disappeared for some pampering. This left Ed and Hat and I to sit in the shaded garden, amidst lots of flower beds and play Lego, colour books and doze respectively.
We walked back along the lake and found a restaurant to lunch. The kids went back to the hotel whilst Cas and I bought bus tickets. I then disappeared for a shave which was expertly done.
Tom was keen to hire a boat and take it out into the lake do that they could have a swim. As we turned up the wind started to blow and all boats were moored up.
So, we headed down the lake to the place we had lunch, Bamboo Bar. It was a giant hexagonal bamboo structure with a tin roof. The sofas are low to the ground and the floor was hard packed orange earth. It had a good vibe and we ordered drinks and got the cards out. It was at this point that the downpour came and it lashed it down, drumming hard it was amplified by the shape of the tin roof. Cas jumped up and convinced Tom and Hat to go outside for a dance in the rain, very amusing. Suitably revved up, Cas then ordered an apple flavour hooka pipe. Ten minutes later it arrived; a large blue glass base, filled with water and topped with an ornate silver metal pipe and a long ribbed hose to draw from. It was passed around and caused many laughs.
We ate and drank and everyone was quite content with our impromptu afternoon. By the time we'd finished the rains had passed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb