Pokhara


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
April 2nd 2011
Published: April 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone!

We have recently been trekking for 3days around the Pokhara area of Nepal. It is about 6hours drive in a bus from Kathmandu over the mountains. The roads were very windy and to be perfectly honest you don't want to look out of the window as the bus drives very close to the edge of the mountain! Once we got to Pokhara we were taken care of by Tshewang's (the headmaster's) cousin, we slept in a tent the first night we were there and then we headed off the next morning for our trek with our guide! We decided to do a bit of a longer trek which meant we would be walking for about 5-6hours everyday for 3 days. It wasn't much different to what we do for our Duke of Edinburgh Award apart form maybe the bigger, steeper hills/mountains that we had to climb! Needless to say, we both realised how unfit we had become over the past 4months. All 3 days were really good, we had 2 thunderstorms in the afternoons, thank goodness we had finished walking for the day though. We stayed in 2 small villages in the middle of nowhere! It was really interesting to see the way of life in the villages and the difference in the farming compared to the UK.

Once we got back to Pokhara we booked a paraglide for Friday (yesterday). It was absolutely incredible, both of us very much enjoyed it and would do it again if we were given the chance! Our pilots were great fun and we both had a go at controlling the parachute ourselves! 😊 We are now just relaxing for another day in Pokhara before heading back to Kathmandu tomorrow.

We have only got another 6days here in Nepal before heading to India, and then just 3weeks in India before heading home! We have come to realise that the time has gone very fast and eventhough it seems like a long time ago that we left the UK it also only seems like yesterday!

We hope you are all well! We will keep you updated on our India travels!

Lot's of Love,
Anastasia and Roseanna
xxxx

Advertisement



6th April 2011

last stage!
Lovely 'blog'. Visited Romford market today - can't wait to take you - not up to your recent experiences but good fun. Enjoyed visiting mum on Sat/Sun. Good place for lunch at Home & Colonial. Was lovely sunny weekend. Have super time in India and as always take care of yourselves. Love G & G.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb