Trek - Day 1


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
October 29th 2008
Published: November 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tikkas as we say goodbyeTikkas as we say goodbyeTikkas as we say goodbye

Here we are with Bijay after saying our final farewells to the children.
Finally we were up and ready to start our trek at around 9am this morning. We were expecting a full day of hard walking to our destination. But no! It was definitely hard going for me but only because I'm not really very fit at the moment. Jan is fitter than me but even he was puffing on some of the hills. Natalie, on the other hand, is much fitter than the both of us and even had a go at picking up the Porter's basket! No trouble at all - she even managed to walk a way with the damn thing!!!

Further than that our full day of walking turned out to be about 2 and a half hours of walking and we were at our destination for lunch. I was horrified! The others were smart enough to bring books to read and a pack of card but I had nothing. I was so paranoid about how heavy my backpack would be that I didn't put anything in that I didn't absolutely need. Damn it I could have studied for hours!!!! We did, however, manage to fill in our time rather nicely. We had great views of the Lake and a small view of the Himalayas (including Machuphuchhare) but there was a fantastic view even further up the hill - well it would have been a wonderful view except that the mountains were again obscured by clouds. So after lunch we wandered up to the top of the hill.

We also met another lady, who was staying in the same home stay as us for the night - Jess. She was great fun to talk to so she joined us for another walk up the hill to see the sun set over the Himalayas. The mountains were still obscured by cloud but we managed glimpses of them as the sun set and it was beautiful looking over the Lake on the other side.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Natalie the PorterNatalie the Porter
Natalie the Porter

Great effort Natalie!


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb