Pokhara 07/05


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Pokhara
May 7th 2018
Published: June 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

With everyone having a full bill of health we caught the 6:30am bus to Pokhara. We’d heard all sorts of horror stories about this journey with people saying “they nearly died” and it taking anywhere from 6 hours to 14 hours! We must have been lucky as for us it was one of the better ones! Loads of space, steady pace and none of us felt our lives were in danger. We got there around 2ish and noticed that it was a much quieter atmosphere. There is a big lake in Pokhara where we could see people rowing boats and we’d been told it’s great to swim in. We had a walk towards the town with a Norwegian lad called “Christopher” who was on our bus. We didn’t have any accommodation booked so went in search of the cheapest, easiest place to spend a night before heading to Besi Sahar where the walking could begin. After playing some chess we headed out for an awesome burger and chips. We figured that with us spending the best part of 20 days in the mountains it would be hard to come by a good greasy meal so made the most of it before calling it a night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb