Tamang heritage trek


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Langtang
May 30th 2013
Published: May 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

“Tamang heritage trek” in Nepal

(2012.12.05 - 2012.12.09)






Day1,

When I hear from other hikers about this trek, I was very curious to go there. After a long curiosity one of my friends and I left for this trek. We caught the bus in Pasang lamu highway until get to Syabrubesi, which is same way to Langtang trek. Bus was full packed. We reached to Syabrubesi around 3 o’clock but decided to go further than that. Though local bus was heading to same direction, we took short – cut trail to there on foot. It was steep up through village. Luckily wedding ceremony was going on there. Men and women were dancing in the group together. I shot some pictures and rushed to catch my friend ahead. We kept climbing up wiping sweat. After climbing up few hundred meter height, Langtang Rirung Mountain was seen just in opposite side. Beauty of that mountain grabbed our attention frequently. It was more dramatic scenery during the sun set. Finally we reached at the top where few tea shops were located. They told us to go further for guest houses. Though it was going to be dark soon we headed to next place with a local man. He was very friendly that's why we were able to get a lot of information about the surrounding from him. After half an hour we reached to the guest house at “Chauhattar”. Though it was already dark we easily got room. After having dinner we played the card game call marriage before go to bed.



Day2,

We woke up early morning and started our journey. It was flat easy way. After passing jungle part we saw a big village. It looked very attractive from that distance. That was “Gatlang” village just under the jungle and rocky hills. We had our breakfast there. There were a community lodge and some private guest houses for tourists. All the houses were built in a traditional way and most of them are built by using wood. I tried to take some pictures of local peoples. Though a young lady turned back, old women were very happy and asked me to bring theirs’ pictures in my next trip. After nice talking with them we headed further. In less than one hour we reached to “chilime”. It was nice place in the stream side. There was a newly built nice guest house where we took little break with tea. Then we crossed the stream and climbed up through the paddy field. We got confused little bit about the trail. So we asked with two ladies who were working in the paddy field. At first they laughed and told us to take left side. I understood they were showing us wrong way. We took right side asking with a school boy. After around half an hour, hard part was over. There was a small but very nice restaurant in good location to see around. We had noodle soup there & we headed up again. After passing that part we saw “Tatopani”(hot spring) and Ganesh himalaya in the background. When we saw hot spring area, we were surprised. Because we had thought hot spring should be in the stream side. But it was just under the jungle. we rushed to get to hot spring. There were many guest houses and pilgrim shelter. We went to hot spring ordering our lunch at a guest house. Water was not only warm, but also very hot. According to Hindu religion, such places are taken as pilgrim site. They believe that it can get rid of all sorts of diseases after taking bath in hot spring. So peoples come to hot spring even from very far & from different places of Nepal. That day also some peoples were taking bath. There were five water tap with enough place to take steam inside the water. It was very interesting but it looked quite lack of cleaning in pilgrim shelter and out of the hot spring area. We enjoyed with hot bath more than half an hour. After having Lunch we headed to “Nagthali”. The trail was gradual up inside the jungle. On the way we saw some herdsman shelters. They might have shifted at lower area just few days ago. When I saw them I was recalled my nostalgic felling when I would also live in the jungle with “Chauri Gai” (cross of the Yak and cow) in my childhood. I forced my friend to spend few more minutes there. Finally we reached to “Nagthali” at around 4 o’clock. There were 4 guest houses. It was really beautiful place in 3500 m high. We forgot our whole day tiredness to see the high mountain and the villages at down which we had passed on that day. We met a French guy at the guest house. He was also very happy and was going to spend another two days there.

Day 3,



Early morning we headed to “Taruche” which was main view point of that trek.It took us around 2 hours to get there.It was wonderful place for scenary.we became almost face to face wih mountains at both sides.Ganesh Himalaya and Langtang Himalaya were standing in left and right hand sides respectively.As soon as get to the top we looked Chinese side.It could see not only mountain view but also some villages of china. We took numbers of pictures, vedios and had water & biscuit enjoying with that breathtaking scenary.Then we got back to guest house.After having breakfast, we left that beautiful place and got down to “Thuman” through the jungle.After an hour we reached to another big village Thuman.Their unique culture and tradition were in tact.There were some nice guest houses.But those were closed on that day because of religious function in the village.We asked tea at a house.They served us black tea free of cost.we also shared an orange and biscuit.Then we targeted to “Timure”.Most of the trails were very rough and somewhere steep down.i had very bad knee pain.Finally we reached to Timure.As soon as get there we went to Nepal – China border site.It took around half an hour to get to border site.Border is in the bank of river and just under the jiant hills at both sides.We were unable to cross the border due to restriction.We entered inside the “Rasuwagadi”(Millitery base camp during the war with Tibet) which is one of the historical places of Nepal. We snapped some pictures and got back to Timure.In the evening we started to play the playing cards. Later some of the local youths also joined us.

Day 4,

Early morning we followed the road way around 1 hour. Then we had to climb up. That day my friend was unhealthy due to diarrhea. So I had to exchange his bigger bag to carry with my small one. It looked beautiful view of Thuman, Nagthali and Taruche in just opposite side. Trail was mostly up until get to “Briddim”. There were many guest houses and home stay facilities in this trail. We decided to take break near the Monastery which was in top of the village. We had tea and plain chapatti with honey at a guest house. Then we followed mostly flat way inside the pine trees. It was nice and peaceful area. Nobody met on the way. We took another break at “Sherpagau” for lunch. Luckily owner of the guest house was originally from near our village. He was settled there getting married with a local lady. He and we became very happy and talked about our village and his new village. He served us boiled potatoes and Chhyang (local wine) to my friend free of cost. We spent there around 1 hour. Then we got down to Syabrubesi following Langtang trekking trail. We got to syabruesi in the dark. That day we walked more than 12 hours.

Day 5,



In the morning we got back to Kathmandu by bus. In that way we completed 9 days trekking within 5 days. Though we were very tired, it was our one of the great trip.

http://www.facebook.com/sanam.sherpa?ref=tn_tnmn

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb