Lhasa - Zhangmu Port - Kathmandu, Nepal


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
September 17th 2013
Published: October 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

China National Highway No. 318China National Highway No. 318China National Highway No. 318

China National Highway 318 is the traditional Tibetan trade thoroughfare, running from Lhasa to Zhangmu, where the China-Nepal border is located.
Driving from Lhasa to the Nepal border at the Sino-Nepal Friendship Bridge remains the most popular overland route among backpackers all over the world. At the Nepal border, the Friendship Highway continues on the Araniko Highway for another 115 kilometers to the capital of Nepal - Kathmandu. The road is quite bumpy and out of repair. The Chinese Embassy asked the government to send an official proposal to China for an upgrade of the highway, which was built with the financial assistance from China. Let's just hope that proposal went well, since the Araniko Highway, as the only overland route from Nepal to China, is critical for the trade and tourism between the two nations. Despite the less-than-ideal road conditions, the view is spectacular which really can drive away any travel fatigue or discomfort.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

5000km from People's Square in Shanghai5000km from People's Square in Shanghai
5000km from People's Square in Shanghai

National Highway 318 is the longest highway in China, stretching from People’s Square of Shanghai to Zhangmu in Tibet (more than 5000 km) and crossing over eight provinces.
Kailashnath Mahadev StatueKailashnath Mahadev Statue
Kailashnath Mahadev Statue

The tallest God Shiva statue in the world!!
Street View (1)Street View (1)
Street View (1)

Like the slogan!


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb