Bandhas galore.


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
May 5th 2009
Published: May 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bandha on the way to BhaktapurBandha on the way to BhaktapurBandha on the way to Bhaktapur

This happened a few weeks ago, made me an hour late for work!
Yesterday I was sent home from work early, the PM was making an address to the nation and noone was really sure what was going to happen. For a bit of a run down on the current situation here see : http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/05/04/nepal.pm.resigns/index.html . Luckily for me it has not really affected me, life has gone on as normal, however for some of the other volunteers here they have been affected more heavily by bandhas (mainly kids burning tyres in the middle of the road or people just standing there waving flags for the political party they represent and stopping people from getting through). I will keep you posted if things change but at the moment there isn't really anything all that different, next Tuesday they vote for a new PM so hopefully things will just keep plodding along until then.

In other news, it hailed yesterday in Kathmandu!! We are finally getting the rain we need so that is a positive. This weekend we have our housewarming too so another thing to look forward to.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb